Monday, December 21, 2020

Day #282

Addie and Delaney had an 8:00 dental appt, and y’all, it felt like a real accomplishment getting us there on time. As delaney ate her brekkie she said it really just felt like 3am, and I agreed with her. Made me so grateful to have had to set an alarm so infrequently the past 9 monthes. 

The girls will both be getting expanders and both need the bottoms muscle of their tongues clipped to allow for better airflow - it will be a quick laser procedure at Tender Care whenever I schedule it. Delaney has a super small airway, so that was a little concerning to them, but they think as they bring her lower jaw out and give her tongue more room in her mouth that will help everything. Also, it looks like we will lose most of the money in our flex spending account because they moved the deadline day to November 30th, so that is frustrating but I am trying to not worry about it. Healthy mouths are important. Healthy, expensive mouths. 

Matt and papa went to the store and then Matt and the girls raked up leaves while I went for a run. I was only going to do 4 miles, but I am listening to Just Mercy and it’s really good and I was feeling strong, so I went 7. I’m going back and forth on the January half marathon but today I’m a forth. Who knows what tomorrow will bring. 

We made brekkie sandwiches for dinner and then went to papa’s balcony to see the Christmas star. We were a smidge late on it, but we’re 95% sure we all saw it, and it was really beautiful and I love that it happened at the end of this challenging year. 

No comments: