Monday, December 21, 2020

Day #275-#281

It was a really good week. 🎄🎄🎄 

Monday the 14th
We went to the dentist early Monday. Our dentist opened a new practice with her twin sister a few monthes ago and their new office is so beautiful. 

We loved seeing all their Christmas decorations. It doesn’t smell like a dentist office and I know I’ve written about the massaging chairs before, but they are still great. It’s the best way to go to the dentist. 

Delaney had a rough time because we have extra money in our flex spending account and she and Addie could use expanders, so we talked a lot about that possibility. She got herself all worked up. 

Otherwise, only Frankie has a cavity and everyone looks great. Also, because of our modern diets, 90% of people don’t have enough room in their mouths and could therefore use expanders. Fascinating how every part of the body works together and how much our dental health affects our overall health. 

We got lunch at Sonic and did a little shopping at Marshall’s for a few last minute gifts. Then we visited with Charlene because she had gifts for everyone and we dropped one off for her. She had told me several times that she had gifts for each of us and how she bought the expensive wrapping paper and she was so excited she had us open everything while we were there. She’s so sweet, we all love her. 

Delaney and I made Elves Caps for home evening treat. I had cut out Book of Mormon promises (#Ensign) and hid them around the first floor. I didn’t hide them in crazy places - one was taped to the top of our ottoman, one underneath a snowman on the mantle. We played the hot/cold game while I sang Christmas carols and I discovered that our girls are truly terrible at that game. I even demonstrated looking at different height levels midway through the game, and they just did not get it. On her last go Addie found her clue, but holy moly. The clue on the mantle even stumped Matt. 🤷‍♀️ We laughed it off and had a good time. And another Santa picture from Sunday. 

Matt opened his gift from Charlene - an Avon body wash that smells so good. And then we watched Elf - classic. 

Tuesday the 15th

Rainbow Ellie Sparkles made us an Elf brekkie. I copied this from a friend and I thought it was so funny. 

The girls thought it was fun, but that was about it. 

Until auntie Alli’s first break when she offered $1 to any brave soul willing to taste it. D was our only taker and for that, she earned $2. 

Tis the season! The girls want snow soooo bad. 

I went to the lady doctor that day and all was well. Then we had subs for dinner and then it was off to the movies for the first time since Delaney’s birthday party in January. Papa rented out the theater and we saw A Christmas Story. He bought everyone popcorn and it was just such a Christmas present. We all love and miss the movies and especially all you can eat movie popcorn. Delaney sat all the way up in the front by herself and the girls sat in the back but also everyone walked around a fair bit because it was all ours. Super fun night. 

We busted the move home because I had double booked (actually triple booked if you count book club) myself and we had our 2nd presidency meeting at 9, instead of 8:30 - on account of the double booking. It was such a good meeting. Revelation flowed and ideas were shared with honesty and vulnerability and we are unified and willing and excited to serve. We’re figuring out our new roles and we’ve got some awesome plans. 

Wednesday the 16th

Amy and crew were going to bring us some hand-me-downs, including these Ugg slipper boots for me and tennis shoes for Alli. The box arrived and we sent this adorable picture to Amy. IKEA boxes still sat, begging to be put together. 

Sandy also sent me this wackadoody knife. Not sure what it’s for, but it’s fancy and heavy, and I do love a good knife. 

The girls had fun zoom activities that night. Addie’s leaders dropped off ugly sweater cookie supplies and they had a scavenger hunt and decorated their ugly sweaters while the other girls made white trash Chex mix. 

The girls found their babies and have been super into them. I love when old toys become new again. Delaney fed her baby during scripture time. 

Thursday the 17th

Like I said, it’s been a good week, but lest anyone think all is perfect, here is my master bath for the last several months. This close to being ready to paint, and a hot mess in the mean time. Finding joy in the chaos at home, and in the world. 

This cutie spent his first night in his big boy bed. He woke up at 2, but just stayed there until his good daddy came for him. 

Trying to be more creative with RES. 

We had our last piano lesson before break and did all the daily things. That night Sarah G, Chelsea, and I had plans for a socially distanced campfire to catch up and exchange gifts, but then it was so cold that Chelsea suggested we visit inside with masks. We sat spaced out and kept our masks on the whole time, and stayed till 5am. 😳 That is a new record for a girls night and I made it home just before Matt left for work. We went deep and talked about all the things and all the family things. And it just took that long. So grateful for good friends. 

Friday the 18th

I am not as young as I once was, and when Addie woke me up at 10, I had the worst headache. I tried getting up and took ibuprofen, but by noon I had to go back to sleep. The girls had made plans to go to papa’s to watch Christmas Chronicles, so they were happy, and also Alli was off and she managed things. I figured I was due for a day in bed, so I slept till 5. 😳 thankfully I woke up with a clear head and no headache. 

Saturday the 19th

Alli and I went Christmas dinner grocery shopping and ran some errands in the morning. I wore my Kama la la la shirt Chelsea made me. That afternoon Alli and I put together my new dresser and Matt’s nightstand. Slowly, slowly we’re making progress in our bedroom. I bought this furniture in 2000 and it has moved with us several times and much of it is broken and scratched. What we really need is a new mattress and bed, but we haven’t figured that out yet. Little by little. 

Sunday the 20th

Addie took this picture of their Sunday school class. This is such a weird year, and even in the midst of a really good week, this makes me feel weepy. We’re all trying so hard to persevere and serve and support each other and do what’s right. It’s difficult and confusing and also peaceful and happy. All my emotions are tip top still. I’m sure they will be for some time. 

We finished the Book of Mormon this week and we’re so grateful for it and to have been able to study it together this year. We’ve been talking about Moroni’s promise and encouraging them to pray and ask if it’s true. As I’ve tucked the girls in this week, I have prayed with them. After a beautiful Zoom sacrament meeting we had family journal hour. We each wrote about our experiences in finishing the BoM and our prayers. Delaney resisted but was able to get it together and write a page. We all pitched in to make a sausage pasta bake and we all visited with grandpa Ray and 4 Ray brothers and families, and then Nanny. 

I also worked on calling stuff. I went through the Dropbox, finished writing the RS history for this year, and watched several training videos. Stake council is changing from being held quarterly to being held monthly and our area presidency is working to make high counselors roles more supportive to the wards. I love the continuous revelation and changes the church is making and I feel the need to be on top of them.

I’m sure our weather will change a hundred times from now till Christmas Day on Friday, but for now we are reveling in a 50% chance of a White Christmas.  




No comments: