Sunday, December 13, 2020

Day #272-#274

On Friday papa came over and picked up Delaney to take her on a date. 

She never stops talking, but she is entertaining. 

He gave her a camera and set her loose. 

She enjoyed it. 

It took me a minute to realize what was wrong with her skirt. Buttons are hard. 

A D shot. 

And she got brave and feed them out of her hand. 

She got scared the first time and dropped her bread. 

But she kept trying and found success. 

I went for a 6 mile run. That was my first long run in a long time and I was tired. 

It was a beautiful and warm day, and Addie in particular had been in a mood. We are socially distancing almost exclusively, but we decided the girls needed some playtime while it was warm enough to do it, so we met the Ainas at the park. 

The girls played like maniacs and we stayed longer than we should have as it was almost fully dark by the time we got home. 

Oh, and D got nipped. 😂

Papa fed the birds too. 

We watched The Polar Express that night and I got to hear about how creepy the animation is. 🤷‍♀️

Addie and Alli had big plans Saturday. Addie has been wanting to make macaroons forever and she talked Alli into helping her. She asked everyone in the family and also had me text several of her friends moms to get their favorite flavors to fill the macaroons. They went shopping and worked for hours and they turned out really deliciously!

The had bought bacon jelly and filled two, but when they tasted it, it was gross, but they’d already done 2. The other one somehow for mixed in with the batch and Matt got it this morning. He spit it out and was like “someone put an onion in there!” It was pretty funny. 

This little cutie is ready for Christmas! He loves Coco Melon, their cat Arlo, and always lights. 

We delivered a freezer meal to Carolee for her birthday and visited with her outside for awhile. Christian and I had a series of misadventures picking up a treadmill for papa. At 3 we met up at papa’s casa to watch the Army-Navy game. He made pizza and had tons of appetizers for us. It was fun until Navy lost and lost some more. 🤷‍♀️ Papa’s getting to be a good little host. 

Matt worked all day. He didn’t make it home till after 8pm. We watched Jingle Jangle while I planned out my week - meals, appts, meetings, and the last of the gifts. Each of the girls ordered thoughtful gifts for Matt and a few friends and I think I’m done. I was also on such a roll that I think I’m done with Delaney’s birthday too. 🤗

We had quite a few stops to make after church today, so we also prepped all of that last night. 

Today was our day to go to church. I really miss singing Christmas music, it’s the very best time of year to sing. The elders are putting together a nativity and we’ve been assigned to send pictures of us as shepherds, so we picked the costumes up from the Martines after church. The girls were so excited that while Matt cleaned up after the sacrament they got all dressed up in the car. We made all our after church stops and I had a stake missionary council and Matt took the girls to see Santa on the Green. 

Safe Santa pictures - ✅

Alli made California cheese soup and I marek lodes baked potato with the last few pots. Mine was very thick and Alli’s was not, but together they made a pretty tasty soup. 

We had planned to make our gingerbread houses yesterday on National Gingerbread House making day, but things happen, so we made them today instead. 

I like a lot of Christmassy things, but I don’t love gingerbread houses. I never have good luck with them staying upright and it’s just not my thing. And that’s fine, I don’t have to like everything. Tonight we’re enjoying Home Alone 2, which I haven’t seen in ages or maybe ever?

We are enjoying our quiet Christmas season. 

No comments: