Tuesday, December 8, 2020

Day #269

My current read and I have always loved this picture. I hope my hands are mostly always engaged in a good work. 

It’s so cold in the mornings now that I am trying to run in the afternoons. It’s a struggle to stay motivated. As I was getting ready to head out today, I got a text from a dear friend that just found out she has bile duct cancer. The 5-year survival rate for this cancer is only about 10%. After we texted for a bit I sat down and had a good cry. Then I called my sissy and we talked about all the hard things going on right now. She just had to put down her dog that she’s had 14 years. People are hurting all over the place and I sometimes feel so helpless and embarrassingly overly blessed. I wish there was more I could do. I talked to Chelsea and Sarah G and we’ve got a birthday plan for this Saturday and a 12 days of Christmas plan cooked up for her. And we can pray and fast for her. She needs a miracle, and thankfully, our God is still a God of miracles. 

As I was walking downtown (talking to Amy), i just happened to run into my dad who was headed downtown to walk. He offered to take me to lunch, and who am I to say no to lunch, especially on a cruddy day. We had a nice lunch at The Slice House and then my dad drove me home. So much for my run today. 🤷‍♀️

Today’s light the world prompt was to thank healthcare workers. Our healthcare workers are heroes. They’ve been through hell and back this year. I’m afraid many will have lasting emotional trauma from this year. All the prayers and gratitude for them. 

Alli made a ham noodle bake for dinner while I tutored late, and we’ve practiced with Tenkor lots today. Tonight we’re watching White Christmas, which the girls said they weren’t going to pay attention to, but have been riveted. And if this isn’t the truth. 👇🏻 



No comments: