Wednesday, September 9, 2020

Day #177 and #178

Labor day was a true day of labor for Matt and I. We set out to finish our closet and after many, many weeks, we did. 🤗 Also, Matt was all “Tenkor, hop up on the bed!” Lexi commented about how that’s something she never thought she’d see. 

We worked all day. 

Until lunchtime when we headed out for some Arby’s - one of my top 5 fast food restaurants. Again, Matt the not-dog person suggested we bring Tenkor along. 😂

We finished my current favorite room in the house around 5:00. She is sturdy and strong and versatile, and I love it. I give it an 8/10, while the not grumpy Matt would give it a 4/10. I think it will grow on him. 

This is the section that brings the score down for Matt. That corner is real weird, and while I wish it was different, it’s a million times better than before, and now we know. 

We found a storage ottoman that sits low to fit under our low windows. I’m all for storage space everywhere we can. 

We got right to work moving our clothes up, and within about half an hour, we had everything hanging nicely. We’ll figure out what will go on the shelves soon. For now, we’re basking in the joy of the beauty of this room and having a closet again. 

We were able to work all day because best auntie Alli took papa and the girls on an adventure! They went out to learn about the pride of Mount Vernon for the day. 

I snagged a few pictures from papa. 

I heard good reports all around. Alli played an audiobook for them for the drive, and we all love a good audio book. Was

They did an audio tour and that was just so-so, but everyone had a good time and did some learning to boot. It was so nice to have them anxiously engaged and out of the house so we could be too. 

They came home tired and I don’t remember what lead to this picture but I feel this way when I’m tired too. 

After many days off of smoothie making, I started up again and Em and I enjoyed a refreshing brekkie while Lu slept in. 

When I took this picture of d eating her lunch she said to let whoever I was sending it to know that she was having a round lunch instead of a square meal. 

Lunchtime break. 

2 burritos for this growing girl. And a fruit/veg and dairy. Still. 

It was a good school day. Long, but good. I bit the bullet and put in all of the school breaks into their calendar. Now I can quickly and easily see how much of each subject each girl needs to do to stay on target. Basically, we all got behind last week, so we worked extra hard today to start catching up. We took lots of breaks like Frankie asked for. I bought a book of 1 minute mysteries, so we did that for one break. We read though 4 and they figured them all out and wanted to keep going. I’m pacing them, but barely! Also, it was national literacy day so we talked about the gift of reading and I read several books during our breaks. I also worked on organizing some things so now they make more sense. Love when that happens! I’m going to need to sit with Frankie for most of her work, so that’s hard. But doable. If I don’t sit with her she will take a really long time and fall behind. I know that happened at school, and i know it’s not the worst thing. I’m sure my method will evolve throughout the year, but for now I, or Lu, Alli, papa, Matt, or bubba (feeling blessed) will sit with her as much as possible. 

I also had a couple errands to run, then i tutored and had a church meeting immediately after. I’m tutoring 4-5 on T and Th right now. I love it in that it doesn’t interfere with our schooling, but it’s tricky because that’s dinner time. We’re making it work. 

We had pork tacos and Spanish rice and Lexi even asked me to teach her how to make the rice. It might have taken me till she is a 24 year old mom of almost 2, but she’s finally asking for cooking help, so basically I’m winning. Not in like a beating anyone kind of way, just in a winning life kind of thing. 

Papa came over and we did a service family home evening. 

We helped make Vietnam and prisoner of war keychains and he taught about what they meant and being in Vietnam. 

The rest of us put together picture cards. We got a lot done and enjoyed chatting and serving together. It was a great day and night. 



No comments: