Monday, September 7, 2020

Day #175 and #176

On Saturday we loaded up everything but the kitchen sink and headed to the beach. We usually go on Labor Day but figured Saturday would be a little less busy. We got there and the beach was full, but somehow they decided to let us in. Lucky day! We had already all gotten out of the car, so Delaney got to hold Emmi as we slowly drove down to the beach. 

Emmett loved the water!

I moved him through the water and he laughed and laughed. 

It was so sweet!

I don’t love me in these pictures, but I do love how happy he was and how much fun I had playing with him. Being a mimi is the best and I’m so grateful for this time I get to spend with him. He’s such a sweet boy. 

It wasn’t the warmest day, but it was still a great day at the beach. The big girls took 3 kayaks out to a far inlet and stayed gone for a long time. Frankie and Curtis loved taking the big paddle boards out, and the little crew took the little boards out and also played in the sand. Everyone stays busy and we generally have no fighting. Delaney and Adeline (I think?) got stung by jellyfish, but it wasn’t bad and the complaints were minimal. We disposed of a handful of jellies, but it wasn’t bad at all. 

Even Alecia, Sarah, and I took kayaks/paddle boards out and stayed out for some quiet time. 

We stayed all day and i still wasn’t ready to come home. It’s so much work and also it was a really nice day.

The only bummer was that Matt had to work. He’s picking up all the extra days he can trying to finish a qualification. Also, he got Sailor if the Quarter for the 3rd time. That’s 3 of the last 4 quarters. I’m so proud of him, he’s been working so hard, both at home and with both of his jobs. It’s a lot and he does it without complaint. So grateful for him. 

This is the one picture I took all day. Matt had asked if we were still at the beach and I sent him this reply:

Lexi had papa pick her and Em up early because he was super sleepy. She sent me this. Love his cute curly mug. 

This is accurate for right now. 

Delaney came down for at home church and she looked so pretty and grown up. Her face is changing. She’s losing her baby face and becoming a big girl. We are in such a perfect time as parents. 💕

Matt and I tag teamed Sunday dinner. He cooked the bbq chicken on the camp stove (listen, idk why), while I made the sides, and since I was hungry I went a little overboard. We had mashed potatoes, corn, green beans, cantaloupe, rolls, and I even made kool aid because it all sounded so good. Then we made a double batch of chocolate chip cookies that lasted till this afternoon. Not even 24 hours. 🤷‍♀️ I snagged this shot of my favorite through the window. 

Addie and I set up a new non-school Gmail account so papa can be her story editor/ELA co-teacher. She found this pretty picture on Etsy and made this her profile picture. She’s super grown up lately and is developing this dry, quirky humor that i love. She still marches to the beat of her own drummer and is also kind and helpful and smart. 

Papa took some porch pictures of Lexi and Em after dinner. They (we all) miss Cade a ton and we all wish he could have come to visit too. Pesky jobs. 

I love that Em smiles with his whole face. He gets super excited and squeezes so tight, he gives the best hugs! Lexi is such a good and patient mama to him. He hasn’t been sleeping well the whole time they’ve been here, he knows she is in the room with him, so in the middle of the night he wakes up and wants attention. It’s hard to be pregnant and missing sleep and she is doing an amazing job. 

His hair is getting longer and there is a definite strawberry blond tint to it and some curls to boot. What a lucky guy!

Frankie is the best Em helper. She’ll play with him for hours, long after the other girls have lost interest. She even took him out on the kayak on Saturday. She is working hard at reading and focusing and generally stays positive and willing to work. 

Christian works, works, works. They love him at crabknockers and they have talked many times about him working to buy the store. They’ve been doing a lot of work making their workstation out back, and bubba especially enjoyed the electrical work they did. He’s so smart and handy and will do a good job at whatever career he lands on. He’s got a good head on his shoulders for sure. 



No comments: