Sunday, August 4, 2019

Emmett

Popping in since I can’t sleep. We walked to the redbox and I got a mt dew because I love fountain drinks and also it was on sale which I also love. And I guess I drank it too late. Also my heart is heavy tonight because there was another mass shooting today, this time in El Paso. 20 people are dead and at least another 20 injured. I checked in on all my people when I heard about it this afternoon, and thankfully they were all safe. But these are all still somebodies people. Sara went into work at her hospital to see if she could help. It’s all so horrific and heavy and hard. 

But on to happy things. Emmett is 2 weeks old today and just the most fun! All babies should be so loved. We have spent literally hours just staring at him and laughing at his cute and jerky newborn movements, ooohing and aaahing at his adorableness. Frankie said to Lexi today “I can’t believe you have a kid,” and Lexi told her she couldn’t believe it either. Me three! πŸ™‹‍♀️

He was a perfect angel for our walk, he slept peacefully in his stroller while his aunties pushed him. And yes he is in only a diaper because I don’t know. 

Baby Emmett sleeps. πŸ’•

Mom left this morning so we had to take a few pictures of the 4 generations. 

Baby Emmett sleeps in a hoodie. πŸ’•

Baby Emmett sleeps with a Mohawk. πŸ’•

Baby Emmett sleeps in Mimi’s arms. πŸ’•

Baby Emmett thinks in his sleep. πŸ’•

And finally, baby Emmett wakes up! πŸ’•

He’s having some troubles latching on to breastfeed, but Lexi is so patient with him as he cries and struggles. You don’t know what you don’t know, and I never knew babies fought bf’ing like he does. But Lu is determined and he can do it and he’s pooping and peeing and growing, so I’m sure it will all work out. 

He is so patient with his adoring little aunties. He’s held from sun up to sun down and we all love him so. 

Growing older is so strange. I asked all the grandmas when being a grandma would stop being weird and I thought it would happen when I met him, but it didn’t. It’s just weird in a different way. I love him. It’s a little weird that little Lexi-lu is a mom, but it’s seeming more normal. But being a grandma still seems so strange. And it doesn’t help that this beauty comes up every time I type grandma πŸ‘΅πŸ» πŸ™„. 

Laney told me I don’t look like nanny, but that she guesses in 7 years I will, because that’s what her grandma looks like and she’s 7. Logical. 

1 comment:

Lana said...

Congratulations!!!!