Sunday, August 25, 2019

Coming home

I really thought at this point in my life I’d be a lot more consistent than I am. And yet, here I find myself, months behind on blogging and catching up on 20 days of my “Line a day” journal. I guess consistency is not my strong suit. I’ve got lots of other gifts. One thing about me, I don’t give up. That’s good, right? šŸ˜‚

We got home late Wednesday night. We had a non-stop 4 hour flight from SLC, so that was awesome. But then we got delayed in SLC. And then the seatbelt light was on for 90% of the flight. And then we got stuck on the tarmac at BWI due to lightning. That was less than awesome, but we made it. 

I had allergies the whole time we were in Utah, but then on Tuesday I started getting a sore throat and then it changed to a cold. By our flight on Wednesday it was raging (do colds get worse the older we get?) and I was sups uncomfortable, but grateful we only had to takeoff and land once. The drive home was long and uncomfortable, but we made it. And then on Thursday we slept and slept. 

Matt went to work, the girls minded themselves, and I slept. I stayed in bed for 2 days, really sick Thursday, mostly better but still tired Friday. By Saturday I was able to unpack. I got the suitcases unpacked, the hand-me-downs from Quinn sorted, dishwasher detergent bought at Target, schools supplies organized, (recycling last years again) and took the girls to the pool to boot. There’s a crisp chill in the air, so they only lasted an hour, which was nice because our sleep is still off and we have early church. 

And now, pictures. I told Delaney she looked like a go-go dancer when she put this dress on. Later I asked her to pose for a picture, and voila. She also informed me that “I don’t think I look like a go-go.” She has no clue what a “go-go” is and I am here for all the silliness. 

Because 9-year-old bedtime pics are still fun. 

And some leaving slc pics. I had to grab a box from Laura because of all the bargains we found at Gormans. Laura and i shopping don’t always make the best choices. šŸ˜‚

Ride or die with this one. In Maryland and Utah. 

Ready for takeoff!

Delaney, who like her mother packs too much, did not complain about her heavy backpack, even though she wanted to. Also, those too small sandals broke when we got to our gate. D said “oh, this is great timing.” I told her it actually wasn’t the worst timing, and she looked at me quizzically and asked “is this like when our rooms are messy and you say how much you love it?” And then I assured her that I wasn’t being a jerky sarcastic mom, and that a too small broken sandal at your gate to takeoff is not all that bad. Annoying, but doable. She cracks me up. 

Waiting because of our delay. I tried to sleep, but was mostly unsuccessful. 

Looking and feeling rough. And I had to ask someone to please trade seats so I could sit with my girls because, even though we were B15, 16, and 17, there were absolutely zero whole rows available. 

And finally, Emmett continues to be the best. 

Home is the best place to be, but I do wish this ones home was a whole lot closer! November can’t come soon enough!

No comments: