Sunday, March 3, 2019

Weekends end

We got our new couches set up and I think I love them. 

I think my pillows might be too stripey, and I’m a stripe lover so I don’t say that lightly. 

Today was a rainy fast Sunday. Last night when I tucked the girls in I talked to them about their fasts. Addie, who hates standardized tests, decided to fast to be ok with the upcoming testing. And Frankie, who hates fasting, decided to fast to increase her testimony of fasting. And they both did wonderfully today, I’m so proud of them. 

Yesstersay, Amy and I took these crazies to an Escape Room. My crew had never been, and it was so fun! We did a Save Christmas challenge and we actually saved Christmas, it was tricky and difficult, but a really good time. And we finished with 11 minutes to spare, so, pretty awesome!

After we mastered the Escape Room, we went to Subway. We don’t take our girls out to eat very often and they were like “all they have are sandwiches?” 😂 We ended our fun Saturday with A Wrinkle in Time movie night. 

On Friday the Rays volunteered all over the school carnival. Matt ended up pulling a double on this balloon throwing game. I had carpool duties taking d and the 7-year-old crew to Abigail’s party, so I did one shift at the ticket table. Quiet and away from the chaos, yes please. 

Spirit week deserves its own post, so working backwards, on Thursday we had an Ikea date night. Bubba offered to watch the girls and we had such a nice night! First stop - Swedish meatballs, of course!

Then we shopped till we dropped. We’ve been saving for our new couches and a computer desk, so those were the main things we got. We also picked up a bed that Pablo had ordered since we were up there. We love ikea. 

Earlier that day I was minding my own beeswax at home, happily adding body to my roots with my duckbill clips and pineappling, when Chris and friend Megan come on up to my bedroom. I kind of sat up startled like, oh! let me fix my hair, and then i was like, meh. I sent this to Lexi and she laughed and laughed. 

Bouncing all over the place, as I do. The couches came in these two giant boxes, so the girls layed on them and climbed all over them before we put them together. 

And then box forts! They are so creative that they put together a really cool house with windows and interior doors. We let them take up the whole family room for 2 days, but maneuvered the boxes down to the basement this evening. 

And it’s still raining, soooo. 😩

1 comment:

The Adventures of Smilin' Jack said...

Great fun!! The jury is still out on the stripey pillows and will be until more evidence has been submitted. However, the rest of the family activities were found guilty on all counts of having fun and being cool!! GUILTY, I say!!

LTB!!

Smilin' Jack