Saturday, February 23, 2019

Rain, rain, go away

It’s been so rainy. We are all over it. We wanted to go to Ikea today but it rained all day. So it was a stay at home day. What’s better on a rainy day than tomato bisque and grilled cheese. These are 2 of my specialties. I found a quick and delish soup recipe that I love. My grilled cheese game is already pretty good, but I tried a few new things today that turned out even yummier. I used a combo of olive oil and butter to make the bread super crispy, spread a thin layer of cream cheese on one side of the bread, and then made one with fresh mozzarella, and one with Gouda. I’d use less cream cheese next time, but other than that, so tasty. 
I’m continuing CG saga, I spent my Friday night deep conditioning my fair. Life is pretty exciting up in here. 

Not thrilled with the results today, but cg is a marathon not a sprint. We’ll keep working on it. 

While I CG’d, the gang had family movie night in our empty family room. 

And Frankie sketched a baby picture of herself complete with shading. She’s pretty amazing. 

Thursday evening we had our ARM at the church and it was so good. Joey the midwife came and answered lady questions and I feel prepared for menopause whenever that happens. Lydia wrapped the evening up perfectly. She is so sweet and wonderful and I am better for knowing her. (and her wonderful momma)

The reason our family room is empty is that Bubba and Pablo rented a house! They came to us and we discussed it and went with them to look at some places. The house they found is super cute, perfect size, new carpet and paint, just perfect for them. And it’s right by St. Mary’s Lake. 

So on moving day we brought pizza and they took the girls and walked to the lake. 

The girls loved it and can’t wait to stay the night one day. 

Earlier that day I spent some time with my fav dentist filling 2 cavities. I was so numb, more so than I ever remember. Not fun. 

So that’s my last few days. Curly stuff, pizza, dentist, and rain. 

1 comment:

The Adventures of Smilin' Jack said...

1. Rain - You're amateurs when it comes to enduring endless days of rain. Your carping about a few days offends me. You wanna talk rain? Come live in Lincoln City, Oregon for ONNNNNNE winter. Just one. You'll sing a different dirge.

2. I, too, experiment with Grilled Cheese Delights. While not a great maker of GCs, I am, if I may say so with just a dash of modesty, an EXCELLENT consumer of said Delights. Very accomplished. You could say I have trained all my life to taste these wonderfully delicious concoctions. I could be, quite easily, a Cheesemonger. (look it up, it's a word!! Cheez!!)

3. Wah, wah, wah. You got the hair. It coulda been worse.

4. Love, love, love the artwork!! That could, with the right presentation, be in an art gallery. Well done. Although, at first glance I was misapprehending the theme to something much, much darker when it was revealed as a 'self-portrait' of Baby Frances I saw it immediately. Nicely done. Save this one!!

4. Cute pictures of the kids in groups and walking along a forest trail are always great. And these are. However, I am left wondering what the outside of Chris' new place looks like with three adorable little cherubs posing in front of it. Even a picture of the pizza and the new place would be tres informative.

5. Dental visit. Please see #3 and substitute the word, 'teeth', for 'hair'.

6. LTB!! (Love The Blog) Keep up the good work and get some furniture downstairs. Cheez!!