Friday, March 8, 2019

Ceilings and ski’s

*Meganind for Friday family movie*Couponing for me*Captain Marvel for date day today (excellent girl power)*Daniel to the dr. 

We took the Schoeny boys to school one day this week. This cute crew. 

On Tuesday i held a day of Ministering Interviews at our house. I had back-to-back interviews from 9:30-2:30 and it. was. awesome. Sometimes lots of meetings feels draining, but I finished that day excited and powerful and filled with love for these awesome women and the awesome opportunity I have to serve with them. 

Maybe I should title this post ‘unattractive pictures of yours truly.’ I painted addies ceiling with my hair in a pineapple and body clips in, and when I went to the bathroom this is what I found. I am the worlds messiest painter. And also, I feel like I’ve painted for 8009 hours of my life and my hand is still not as steady as I wish it was and it’s frustrating. 
Another ceiling down. We’re down to 4 ceilings left - Laney’s, our bedroom, closet, and bathroom. I am ready to be done. It’s a lot of work, but her room looks so much brighter! I love it! I spent 8 hours carefully painting the ceiling, baseboards and trim, her 3 doors (1 room and 2 closets), and then touching up around the ceiling and baseboards. 8 hours. By myself. 

And I was by myself because Matt took the crew skiing! He’s been talking about it forever and finally did it. It was planned in a little bit of haste and I had a busy few days so I wasn’t able to go. This meant that I spent a night home alone for the very first time in this home that we’ve lived in for 2 months shy of 10 years! And even before that I don’t remember the last night i spent alone? I’ve been away from my family, but not ever alone. Even though I wished I could have had fun with my fam, I thoroughly enjoyed my alone time. 🤗 I didn’t enjoy waking up early after staying up till 2:30 because a) I got caught up in making addies room pretty after I painted, and b) empty houses are scary. 

the girls loved skiing. At first baby bug wasn’t so sure. I had some anxiety about Matt taking them alone, and then he sent this pic of D looking forlorn. I was so worried one or more of them would hate it and none would be able to have fun. But it was great! They had such a good time and can’t wait to go back!

And then Matt sent this one. She quickly came around. I didn’t know if they’d go on the lift at all let alone in the first few hours, so i was pretty stoked. 

And also pizza helps everything. 

Probably right about this time I was breaking from painting for Salsas with Debby. Cause a girls gotta eat. 

Addie and Frankie loved it and were totally independent after a  short lesson. 

These 2 were total buddies. Each girl also loved riding the lifts solo and since there was really no one there, Matt let them. 

Thursday was a jam packed day of visits, shopping, dinner with Kelly (cause a girls gotta eat), and a yw/rs Presidency meeting, and not once did I have to worry about my gang. It was a pretty sweet gig all around. 

No comments: