Sunday, March 17, 2019

Also it’s St. Patrick’s day

Super Sunday. Cherissa shared this fun picture of the girls class. They split up the girls and boys in Orimary now, so now Addie and Frankie are in the same class. They learned about the 12 apostles today and made this cute pyramid. We are so blessed to have such great teachers for our girls. 

Addie and I went to Mother Daughter Book Club where we discussed Jefferson’s Sons. It’s a book about Thomas Jefferson’s children with his slave Sallie Henmings and it was an excellent read about a horrific bit of our nations history. I cried big time. 

Yesterday was Stake Women’s Conference and that’s always a wonderful day. This years theme was Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness. They had a counseler talk about life, an attorney talk about liberty, and a happiness expert talk about the pursuit of happiness. He is an author and excellent speaker. And then the lunch they serve is always delicious. We had a ton of sisters from our ward and now we’ve got a tradition to take a group picture together. 

Debby drove us to the stake center and I had picked up Maggie and Laura on my way. So on our way to drop them off I got talked into a movie. Incidentally, that’s not hard to do. I texted Bubba and talked him into coming also. Maggie wanted to see “5 feet apart,” a tear jerker about teenagers with Cystic Fibrosis. The theater was full of cute teenagers and we all cried together and gasped where we needed to. I’m a movie talker so I dig hanging out with a full theater of movie talkers. And also movie popcorn. 

Friday evening we drove up to Virginia to go to Denise’s baptism. Donnie and Marie’s favorite nephew (his words, not mine) Nathan Osmond baptized her and sang several songs. The spirit was so strong and it was a really wonderful experience.

We drove up there as a family and then I got a ride home with the Browns. Matt wanted to get the girls one more day of skiing in before the season ended. Since we were already 2 hours up the road in Virginia, they were that much closer, so it was perfect. They got a hotel in Hagerstown and ate a yummy breakfast Saturday morning. 

Not sure who these homeless kids are that Matt picked up. 

This trip wasn’t as magical as the last one, but it was still wonderful. 

Matt is already resigned to being 50 and keeps talking about how he’s not too bad for a 50 year old. 

Addie and Laney went off skiing together for awhile. 

He took D up a higher run and she was pretty nervous. But check out her cute little squished nose. Love her. 



1 comment:

The Adventures of Smilin' Jack said...

What a wonderful life!! Don't ever call me for a tear-jerker movie with a bunch of teens. Uh-uh!! Nope!! Now, if I wanted to cry at a movie I'd go see "The Sands of Iwo Jima". I mean, when John Wayne's character gets shot right at the END of the movie . . . I'm misting up right now. Or "The Dirty Dozen"!! Oh, don't get me started there!!

As for Matt, tell him EVERY Peter Pan has to grow old eventually. My only advice to him is to enjoy it while you can. Growing old is NOT for sissies!!

Other than that, Love, Love, Love the Blog!!