Sunday, November 4, 2018

Traveling

Saturday, November 3

We got up semi-early and got going as soon as we could without having to wake up the girls. Laney specifically asked not to have to wake up early. She wanted to stay home and watch tv, but we cajoled her into coming along. She’s a cantankerous one. 

Still grumpy. 

Thankfully she loves leaves and loves dc. We had to figure out the broken meter and the girls frolicked. 

The leaves are changing and falling and the air was crisp. It’s a good time of year! Delaney looked like she was slow motion running on this fence. 

We finally made it to see the dinosaurs at the Museum of Natural History. They were all being “wowed.”

I was trying to selfie us with the dinosaur when a friendly passer by offered to take it for us. 😂

From there we headed to BWI for my flight to Chicago. My flight was at 4:30, I arrived at 2:30, and all went swimmingly. Short flight and Amy was waiting at Midway for me. 🤗 We Uber’d to our nice hotel, dropped off our stuff, and walked to Portillo’s for some delightful Chicago fare. I got a Chicago dog and candy cane milkshake and Amy got a beef and sausage and we shared. I like regional fare. It started to rain as we were leaving, so we uber’d back home and I wanted to stay up but fell asleep around 11. Day one was fun and successful, except the lack of pictures of Amy and I. 🤷‍♀️

1 comment:

The Adventures of Smilin' Jack said...

One comment and two words on the lack of pictures..."Selfie-Stick". 'Nuff said.

Looks like your day was Uber Fun. What a great day to spend time in D.C. during "Peak Week" and then meeting up with Henna.

I gotta say, until I taste something to the contrary, the "Oklahoma Dog" from Winslow, AZ, is going to be the Bestests Dog East or West of the Missippippi. But I'm willing to give this Chicago Dog a try. Someday.

What a great start to a great trip!!