Thursday, November 29, 2018

Almost December!

It’s been so nice that thanksgiving was so early this year! I feel like we’ve got a bonus week to prepare for December. I’m trying super hard to keep my perspective straight that Christmas is a beautiful and joyous time of year and focus on how grateful I am to have time with friends and be able to serve. Because I am! And I don’t need to get stressed or crazy, it’s all gonna work. On Sunday I sat down with my planner (scratch paper) and calendar (phone) and mapped out every event and what I needed to bring and wrote a long list of to dos. And off I go! So far, so good. 🤗

Yesterday the Schoeny’s came over after school. We crafted and then they played bugs in the kitchen and with the nano bugs that have had dead batteries for year. In our quest to make our house a house of order, I ordered new batteries and replaced them. Hours of fun!

The rest of our week has been so exciting that I have taken zero pictures. Same ol’ stuff. Except that horseback and gymnastics are both on hiatus because of the cold, and the free time that has created has been kind of magical. We decided since we don’t have any sports right now we’d be doing family yoga hour more often, but that hasn’t happened yet. 

To thanksgiving! I did exactly zero prep ahead of time because I’m the smartest smarty and I signed up for a freezer exchange, so on Tuesday I made 8 freezer meals. Wednesday was house cleaning and visitor prep, and since I’d been gone Route 66’ing, that took some time. The girls helped tons and it was a great day. 

And back to thanksgiving! We cooked all day. I love to make things from scratch, but I literally did not sit down till around 7pm. But it was fun and I think the most delicious thanksgiving I’ve made yet, so #worthit. 

People pitched in throughout the day. Chantal stayed with me the whole time though. 

Other people held down the couches. Re home projects - theis sectional couch we bought from Buxton’s will move down to the basement when we get carpet and then I will feel safe to put things back on the walls when we get the real furniture that will be in this room. And we’re getting closer!

Matt made his famous fried turkey. I’m always grateful I don’t have to do that part. 

The other guys went out for moral support. It was super cold that day, so Matt fried it on our deck for the first time and all went well. 

Chris has to work at Dick’s at 5, so we ate at 3:00 to give him plenty of time. We put both leaves in the table and rounded up every chair in the house. We’ve since ordered the chairs for the table, fyi. And that lovely art holder will someday live somewhere else too, but you know. #basementflood

After dinner we played Beanboozeled. Challenge #1. 

Chantal loses!

Cousins head into the fray! Both were winners!

And mommy and D. We both got lucky too. 🤗

And that’s  my 10 picture limit.

1 comment:

The Adventures of Smilin' Jack said...

What a wonderful day of Thanksgiving. It's so nice to have family close by to share in the fun creating memories and traditions.

Ten picture limit!?! Hahahaha, ain't happening with the Award Winning SJB. Ain't no way. None.

Love reading about the kids and all.