Saturday, November 3, 2018

Dentists and other stuff

I hate dentist day. 😩 Frankie has lots of germ bugs, but incidentally was the only one of the 4 of us without any cavities. 🤦‍♀️

The root of the tooth D broke when she broke her jaw is dying and will either need a baby root canal, or to be pulled. Since she’s 6 1/2, i think pulling is the smartest option, but now we get to visit Smile Castle and see what they suggest we do. Even though she wants a visit from the tooth fairy, she was not happy. I also have a cavity in between 2 teeth in the back, and will also need two more crowns for the other side of my mouth where the enamel is just terrible. It’s so frustrating because I do try to take care of my teeth. I could definitely eat less sugar, but come on. 🙄 

That night we met a sister on our rolls at church that we’ve never met. I had heard they weren’t friendly, and maybe even were rude, and I was a little nervous, but shared my feelings because I want the girls to know that sometimes I’m scared, but I still make things happen, and they can too. Anyways, D wanted to go to the door with me. She quietly said she wanted to see if the lady looked like a witch. 😂 I assured her she would not. And we had a great experience! The woman wasn’t interested in the church, and actually asked for her name to be removed (but was not willing to write to SLC) but we had common ground in loving God and loving our brothers and sisters. We talked about the Interfaith Council and they let D early T’or’T and even take candies for her sisters. There really are so many good people out there. 

After that great visit, we visited with sweet Charlene and her sweet new kitty Daizy. We’ve been wanting to visit since she got her new kitten, (since Itty Bitty passed away) but Daizy has been too scared of Charlene. She’s finally warming up to her, so we came to scare her again. 😂

The girls were so in love!

Since it was our FHE, I had asked the girls if they wanted to sing her a song, and brave Frankie was the only one that took me up on it. She’s so sweet. 

And fhe treats when we got home. 

We call that a Monday. 

1 comment:

The Adventures of Smilin' Jack said...

Love that look on Frances' face at the end..."Oh, boy!! Treats!!"

And way to go, Frances, on the singing thing, too. And D-Bomb wanting to see if the woman was a witch. The minds and hearts of 6-year olds.

Keen fun with the Ray's.