Monday, November 5, 2018

Route 66 - day 1

Sissy alone time is such a treat. We enjoyed a delicious continental breakfast at our hotel (maybe the best continental ever?) and set out to explore. It was windy in the Windy City, but wasn’t supposed to rain until noon, so wed hoped we’d be ok. 

It sprinkled off and on and all was well at first. 

Chicago is such a pretty city. So fun and full of life and v importantly, food. 

There was a hot chocolate run that we cheered people on for a bit, and then the rains came down. It was still off and on, but heavy when it was on. We powered down to the water to spy some lights. #ibreakforlightbouses 

It was so crazy windy and white capped waves that were coming over the sidewalk and up to the grass. It was so bad that it tore away several boards from this dock. We worried these vans might wash away!

And then on the other side we saw a boat that had sunk! That is a sight I hate to see, it’s so eery. 

And all of their boat belongings - coolers, pillows, gas cans. So sad. 

We are super funny!

And we saw a Frankie’s. 💕



1 comment:

The Adventures of Smilin' Jack said...

Oh, Man!! I'm so jealous..I love me a good Continental Breakfast. Ah, who am I kidding? I just loves me some Breakfast with a big fat PERIOD. 'Nuff said.

Wow, sight-seeing AND lighthouses!! You lucky duckies!!

I'm glad you girls had such a good time without me. So glad. Really glad. I'm jes sayin', if I'd known all this hilarity and fun was waiting to be had, I coulda taken a plane instead of a train. Jes sayin'.

What a great trip of a lifetime!!

Hooah!!