Monday, October 28, 2013

Zoo!

Frankie joined us in bed at 3am last night. Then I must have woken her up when I came down to see the kids off to seminary, because a few minutes into my elliptical workout she meandered downstairs. Here's a fun Michelle fact for you, I don't always love working out. So I don't always love answering 3-year-old never ending questions. There were several "go play"'s and "aren't you tired? Don't you want to lay down?"'s going on. Lucky for me she didn't want to play, she wasn't tired, and she didn't want to go lay down. I let her stretch with my when my 30 minutes were through.
We had a hustling morning because we met up with our preschool + Darlaina and ashby to load up Joni's 15 passenger van and head to the zoo! It was so fun! 9 car seats + 5 crazy mamas = fun!
Except for poor frog, who did end up being tired after all.
Still working on the Washington monument!
We got to the zoo and headed to the very noisy lions. At first laney loved them, she laughed and pointed. And then she started getting scared cause that daddy lion was loud! Scared face.
These crazy girls ran a lot more than they listened.
A tiger says "roar!"
Buddies. (:
This chic seriously loved the zoo! Orangutans!
Nothing wrong with a little lizard between sisters. (It's late. That's lame)
"Cheese!!!"
(This post is very laney heavy)
Alecia and laney are buddies. (:
There were several sweet volunteers that showed our little preschoolers animal skulls and patiently answered their hundreds of questions. I love that Frankie is loud and proud and will tell anyone any story her little brain can think of. She's an outgoing one.
The whole zoo was decorated for Halloween and all the littles had fun seeing the skeletons playing and doing their "business" all around the zoo. Except, Frankie came in our bed last night because she was scared of skeletons... hopefully being so well aquatinted with them today will cure her of that. Right?
These two are so cute!
Lanes is a goof!
A very happy goof.
Cute kiddos! And cute zebra.
This maple tree was just gorgeous!
Another sweet volunteer. And leave it to these blondies to notice her zebra earrings!
Frankie the animal lover.
The pandas were eating a Popsicle while we watche them. It was so cute!
Laney watched them intently.
There's a panda behind us, not that you can tell. There's also a crankee Frankie in front of us. Not that you can tell.
She wanted a picture in front of the skeleton wedding. See Frankie, skeletons are nice!
The kids were so good! We left for the zoo at 9:30, arrived after 11, left for home at 1:45 and arrived back at Joni's just before 4. That's a whole lotta driving for a whole lotta littles! This was only half of our huge pile o'strollers, bags, and carseats.
When we got home Darlaina took the little girls back to her house (sweet!), laney had fallen asleep in the car, so I let her be, lex was at cheer and Chris headed off to baseball. So I had an hour to tidy, tidy, tidy! It's always nice to get a leg up on the housework, even if it's just a little one.

At 6 laney and I headed to bubba's second to last baseball game. Another rough loss, but they tried and are getting better. That's half the battle!
Little lady would not keep her hat on and tried on my ear warmers for about 2 minutes. She stayed surprisingly warm, thankfully, because it was cold!
And she's back on a good bedtime swing. We read and sing, brush and pray, and then I put her in bed with some books, we blow kisses and it's all good.
From my early morning workout buddy to my late night baseball one, my days are fun and full. I am one blessed lady.

No comments: