Wednesday, October 30, 2013

The best date

A couple weeks ago we found ourselves with a free Friday night, it was the weirdest thing, that hasn't happened in forever! Lexi was in trouble and couldn't go out anyway, so she agreed to babysit. (and work off all her spirit week costumes)

It was the most beautiful night!
When my dad was here we went out and took pictures out in Bushwood and came across this really cool little restaurant. When dad left he left me some $ for my birthday to go out to quade's with my main squeeze. My birthday was only in july, so it was about time to go!
We walked the dock and admired the view and gorgeous sunset. We slowly meandered up to the restaurant and took some pics for to send to papa.
So excited to finally eat here!
Aaaand they were closed for a rehearsal dinner. (And then the next night for the wedding)
What timing! Always up for adventure, we hopped in the car and headed west.
More gorgeousness! Seriously, it was the perfect night.
We decided to drive till we found down thing cool. Then we got impatient, so with a little help from Siri we decided to go out to Cobb island. It was already dark but it looked really cool! And there were several cute restaurants out on the water. The first one we went into, not so cute and the only seafood on the menu was a crab cake sandwich. So we left. I just didn't want to waste a date night at a lame-o restaurant. We found a bit nicer one and they had information on a lost lighthouse that used to be there. I would have loved to have seen these waters during the lighthouse heyday! It must have been a sight to see!!!
We shared a yummy cream of crab soup and dip. I'm big into creamy crab dishes lately, can you tell?
It also happened to be a full moon that night. I didn't actually take this picture, my friend Juli did, but since she was just a few miles away from us, I don't feel bad using it. My iPhone just wasn't doing it justice.
After our yummy dinner we were already halfway to waldorf so we saw captain Phillips at the nice theater. It was Matt's first time to experience reclining movie theater seats, and it was amazing! And then the drive home went by fast. A miracle because I really strongly dislike the drive to waldorf. Anyhow, it was a really good date night and I can't wait to date my hubs some more!

No comments: