Sunday, October 27, 2013

Because you have to start somewhere...

When you're a month behind on blogging. One post a day... I can do one post a day. Until I have a few free hours and I can marathon it.

So I'll start with this homecoming weekend. Or really just Saturday and Sunday.

Or really just Saturday night. Anyhow. Lexi and girls got ready at robins house this year. Jana had a little get together for all the parents to come take pictures and it was fun and festive.

Lexi and her new friend Ryan.
Senior nation!!! Can't believe this chic is a senior! Ahhhhhh!
Hahahaha...
I took lots of pictures with my nice camera too, but a girls gotta ease back into things slowly.

After the fun time at Jana's it was time to come chauffeur the boy for awhile.

Pictures ala Addie.
Nice try, ads!
So then we let Matt take one. Awww, my boys a big boy!
Who loves his little sister!
These two are pretty cute together.
Off to Jordan's house. Then back home since he forgot the corsage. Then 20 minutes trying to pin on his boutonnière. They should give a tutorial when they sell them. The nice florist gave Christian pointers on how to put the corsage on a girls wrist and boutonnière are much more difficult than wrist corsages!
Lex and crew went to Asahi for some delish Japanese steakhouse and Christian, Jordan and her parents went to  Plaza Tolteca. A good time was had by all until the worst mom ever struck and ruined everything. First I said no to Jordan coming over after the dance ended (at 11) to watch movies and then I insisted Lexi be home by midnight so they missed the bonfire and cheer sleepover. Worst.mom.ever. 

But seriously, I've come to really dislike dances. It's a fight the whole way through. Nothing like the magical scene I imagined it would be getting my beautiful daughter all dolled up. Shopping for the perfect *modest* dress together, doing her hair and makeup and getting our nails done together. And for Chris... bow tie shopping together, oh wait, we actually did do that. 

Anyway, that's not the reality. When dance time comes around it seems no one is happy. That dress... let's just say that Lexi is grounded. For awhile. And that boy... let's just say he's an A+ pouter when he doesn't get his own way. Blah. I love my kids, and I love having teenagers... most of the time. 

Anyway, after we got everyone where they needed to be (Saturday night) we headed across the street to mike and Kim's house for a fun campfire. We carved pumpkins, ate, made s'mores and the kids ran and ran and ran. But my girls favorite part was the Smurfs movie that was playing outside. They kept gravitating towards the tv and i kept telling them to go play. As the night wore on and we were just waiting for Addie the artist to finish drawing on her pumpkin, I finally broke down and let frankie watch a few minutes. Next thing I knew she had finagled a chair and blanket out of somebody. Crazy girl.
Today was a much better day. At least teen-wise. Yesterday was a great day little kid-wise. We had a good day at church and then we watched a movie with lex and Chris while the littles napped. After that we all blitzed and made dinner together. Oh, my joy would be almost full if we could do that every night. It was so nice. Chris headed to a stake meeting at 4:30 and missionaries came to dinner at 5. 

Elder Fuller is awesome and such a great missionary. This is his first area but he acts like an old pro. And then we got sweet Elder Lanham back! He's grown up so much since last year and it's been so fun to see him again. We had a really good dinner and visit. I love having the missionaries in our home! And then they read us a story about the Seminary donuts and fughedaboutit, I teared up. (Doesn't take much). 

So, Saturday morning - good. Saturday afternoon - ok. Saturday night - blah. Sunday - all good. 

Yay for starting the catch up.

3 comments:

Lana said...

it is with GREAT and unspeakable saddness that I am back in school dance mode. I'm with you sister, nothing fun about it AT ALL!!!

Hang in there, they grow up, remember who they are and marry in the temple eventually.

love you

Lana said...

p.s.
you should have seen Dani's senior year homecoming "hooker'"dress...I could have died a death of a thousand cuts over the embarrassment of that one!

Kori Wilson said...

You leave me soooo disappointed! I saw all the pictures on Facebook and thought fondly about how one day it will be me getting my sweet girls (and boy) ready. The illusion is now shattered. :)