Thursday, March 22, 2012

MVP

Yesterday was a good day. You know that commercial that starts with a lady choosing her breakfast and when she chooses the special k (I think that's what the commercial is for, at least) she makes good, healthy choices all day. But when she chooses the donut for breakfast she makes bad health choices all day and ends the night tired and eating junk food in front of the tv.

That's kind of how my day was. I started off productive and stayed that way all day. It helps that my house was clean to begin with, that improves my mood and makes me want to get er' done! And the gorgeous spring weather doesn't hurt either. (:

(addie's spring grass guy from preschool. the grass is super long!)

So, yesterday I: did laundry, blogged, planned my visiting teaching conference and met with Teresa to firm things up, ran (1 mile;), showered, dropped off Easter eggs for the neighborhood egg hunt, planned fhe, and cheered on ma boy in, quite possibly, his best bball game evah. (in full disclosure, I could also write an equally long list of things that didn't get done including, but not limited to, making dinner) ((also, isn't it funny how our prospective changes?! That list wouldn't have seemed so great even just a few months ago! Baby changes everything:))

Last night was the first game in the bball championship. The whole first half was neck in neck, and a really fun and exciting game. And then Christian lit a fire and was all over the place! He stole the ball and ran down the court 5 times in a row! The score was 30-18 and c scored 10 of those points. Very proud of my bubba, he has worked hard and really improved his game. It seems like most sports seasons come to an end just as soon as the team really gets into the groove. Next championship game is tonight!

Frankie didn't like a lot of people when she was a baby. But one person she has always liked is mike. He would come in and go straight to pick her up and she always let him. And then as she got bigger, she would toddle over to him on her own. He came with us to c's basketball game last night (lex, Matt, and Addie went to church/scouts) and I teased him and told him that he was in charge of Frankie. and he really was so helpful, he even carried her out to the car and buckled her into her carseat. he's a good boy. (:

And something bringing me joy this morning, my cute windows. I searched high and low for the curtains I wanted and then I asked for them for my birthday last year. Yes, birthday curtains are bomb! Then I asked for the cute star tiebacks for Christmas and my sweet little brother Jeff got them for me. They are so country and homey and I just love them! Totally worth the wait. (:



Can't wait for tonight! Movie popcorn, friends, lex and Chris, and hunger games! Cannot wait!!!

No comments: