Thursday, March 1, 2012

1 whole month - by delaney

hello world!
i heard it's good to be fashionably late, how did i do? ;)
sorry i look so annoyed here, i got a little banged up on my way out. if you'd been what i'd just been through, you would look angry too!
"hey big mama, was' up? i'm just chillin'"
i was pretty angry when they insisted on giving me a bath immediately following my harrowing experience into this world, but i've come to really love playing beauty parlor! you'll see later why that's a really good thing.
this was right before they checked my diaper, wink, wink!
giant cheeks, check. tiny neck, check.
lookin' good, check. ;)


this is a little series i like to call the many faces of delaney:
the gnome.
the thinker.
the deep thinker.

the worrier.
the intimadotor.
the milk mustache mascot.
the hungarian.
the elf.
(i know it's not my face, but i wanted to show off my hairy ears!)
that's all of that for now, but definitely expect more from that series.

anyways, i had thought it might be fun to come home...
 ...but then the fam came to visit on my second night alive. the big blond one, frankie (the blur behind me!), she was running all over like a mad woman. that's when i started to get nervous...

but ready or not, this chic took me home!
this was the first time everyone came to visit at the hospital. see them all crowded around me? that happens a lot. i'd like to tell 'em to give me 50 feet, but they're my peeps, so i let them crowd me.
.
this was the first time the giant blond one held me. she looks sweet and gentle, and i think she means well, but holy moly, she's heavy! i know that because she lays on me and smothers me in kisses at least 5 times a day!
thankfully they don't all lay on me. this one usually just holds me and sings to me.
i can hear!
i've had a little bit of a difficult time learning my actual name. everyone calls me something different!
this one calls me laney-d.
this one calls me lane's or laner's.
this one just calls me plain old delaney.
this one calls me telaney or baby telaney.
this one (who you've got to watch out for, remember!) calls me baby yaney.

and this one? she's the worst of them all. she calls me all of the above and:
laney, lady laney, d-money, laney-love... pretty sure she just says whatever pops into her head.
it.is.weird.
i'm too sexy for these shades, too sexy for this diaper...

it is a lot of work being me, let me tell ya.
they've been putting me in this seat a lot lately. i'm fine with it, as long as the car is moving. but when we stop, there's a problem and i let them know it.

they put this coat on me and i'm all bundled up and squeezed in.
with all my siblings, i think i will be riding a lot!
"geez girls, give me some breathing room!"



i guess i am a pretty lucky lady. my big sisters are always giving me toys to play with!
can not wait till i can actually play with them!
and she's a good cuddler. :)

and she's learning to be a good cuddler. ;)
this is why it's a good thing that i like to play beauty parlor.
 these people are always putting something on ma head!



i love being fancy!

dreaming of summer! i'm ready with my fancy bikini!


i'm usually pretty even tempered, but every once in awhile i let them know that i am not happy.
gotta keep 'em on their toes!
seriously with this hat?
come on, mom!

alrighty, i've got more photo shoots and big-girl-holding-my-head-up to do!
gtg!
love,

delaney noelle
(at least i think that's my name!)

2 comments:

Sara said...

How cute is she?? I thought she was huge and she is compared to her younger siblings. However, when you hold her up next to you in the last picture, she looks all cute and small and snuggly! Dang! I miss you so much!

Kori Wilson said...

What a cute post! Such sweet pictures of little Delaney (or whatever you are calling her at the moment) and her adorable family.