Saturday, February 5, 2011

a peek into a temporarily empty mind - day 3

*i feel like my mind and body have had a few days off. days to contemplate nothing, and then sometimes everything.

*day 3 of bedrest and my tummy has that uneasy feeling it gets as a vacation is wrapping up. i want another 3 days in bed. does that make me horrible? i love, love, love my kids and all, but 3 days in bed! for reals!

*i can waste time like nobody's business. i had some allusions as to some small paperworky things i was going to try to get done, but then i was all laptop! all to myself. and sleep! and full access to the 'mote! and and and.

*matt's robe has really deep pockets. much deeper than my little pink number. i wonder if that has some greater meaning.

*maybe i should shower. but maybe not. i am on bedrest, you know.

*neighborhood drama, drama, drama! i stumbled upon a blog all about our neighborhood drama. and people with signs outside their houses! and prisons, and libraries, and irrigation! oh my. seriously crazy stuff going on in the grant. b-a-n-a-n-a-s!

*being a mom is hard. it's hard to praise more than correct. but then when you correct more than you praise, the correcting doesn't really work. and it's hard to ask for help from your kids and get attitude. and then things come up and your all like "really? do i have to teach them to say goodbye when they leave the house? really?" and then you realize, yup, you do sometimes. have to teach them to say goodbye, you know.

*good friends are a such a blessing and after my break from life i really must pay all of this forward.

*contemplating not including pictures today, as day 3 of not showering or brushing my teeth (did i really just type that?) is leaving me looking rather rough. but inquiring minds want to know. right?

enjoying frosty 3.5
(the little mini that matt got free last night only counted for .5)
(and it still hurts to open my mouth, okay?)


thanks colleen!
my teeth hurt yesterday after a day of "soft diet" so i put myself back on a liquid diet and my extra large frosty hit-the-spot!


*i'm sure there are lots of things floating around this empty mind-o-mine but it's too much work to remember. i am on bedrest, you know.

2 comments:

Lana said...

sounds like you are enjoying your bedrest :) Hope you feel better soon. I have missed the drama all together, no more bus stop news for me. So what's the scoop? Umm, so do you really want people over tomorrow, you can re-think it if you want.

The Ainas said...

I really want a frosty now...