Friday, February 4, 2011

day 2...

...of bedrest has found me camped in my room in matt's bathrobe.
(mine got spit-up on it and didn't make it through the wash before the extraction)
 and i think i might have stumbled onto something!
at first i thought i was really retarded having my wisdom teeth pulled at age 32 and with 4 kids. 
but then i got bedrest.
and people bringing me food in bed.
and naps any time i want.

and even though my mouth hurts, it's been kind of awesome.
a 3 day break?
yes, please.

so any young moms out there, think about it, i think it's not a bad way to go. :)

matt and i were laughing today about what i remembered before and after the extraction.
i only remember them putting the oxygen on, but i guess matt stayed a few minutes after that and talked to me as i started to close my eyes.

then when i woke up i didn't really remember anything but them fumbling in my mouth and then walking me out to the car. but apparently i was slumping forward, pulling my legs up to my chest, and pretty much writhing around asking if i could just go to sleep already. 

and then i asked how i looked and if i could please have a mirror.
beauty first, you know.

and then i asked where my teeth were and if i could see them.
so random and weird.
and not nearly as funny as this little guy, but still kinda fun.




and i'm still not swollen, yay!
here are some fun photo booth pics from today.

 and then my youngest requested my services.

checking out my work.
 yay, i can smile and it only hurts a little. 

 love her.

the rest of day 2 will include:

more reading 
more tv
more delicious baby
more ice cream
more facebook
and more sleep

that is all.

2 comments:

The Ainas said...

Hmmmm so maybe I should think about the knee surgery! ;) haha

Sara said...

So maybe this will make you feel better... but my mother just got her wisdom teeth taken out about 4 years ago. That would put her in her late 50's. Even though I wasn't in my 30's when I got mine taken out, I was in my mid 20's and I had to watch Erik as a newborn (as in 2 days old) on my second day of recovery. I thought I was going to die! Love you!