Thursday, January 28, 2021

Day #320

Delaney left her Tervis in the car last night and her water was frozen this morning. It was so cold!

The crew made it for their last day of snowboarding around 10. 3 days in a row is a lot for little girls, and Delaney pooped out for awhile. She hung out at the lodge happily, and then rejoined the gang. 

I spent the day watching the snow fall through the trees all around me and it was just peaceful and beautiful. I finished a book and took a hot shower and it was just lovely and cozy and quiet. 

I picked the snow fun crew up at 4 and we struck out at 2 restaurants before we decided to come back and eat at the lodge. We got there right when they opened fir dinner, so there was only one other table taken. They have a wall of huge windows and we enjoyed watching the snow still falling as we ate. It wasn’t supposed to snow at all while we were here, so that was a welcome surprise. 

After dinner, Matt took the girls swimming and I had a meet and greet with the Bowie ward and the deaf branch. I was worried about our spotty Internet, but it worked perfectly and they were both so fun to meet, I just loved it. 

We have really been enjoying studying the Book of Mormon verses together and following along with Come Follow Me. Good discussions each night. 

Like all good vacations, we are simultaneously bummed, and ready to go home. We’ve got a 9 year old to celebrate and I purposely left her gifts home so there would be some excitement there. I found some really fun gifts for her and had everything ordered and ready last month, so I’m pretty stoked. 

No comments: