Thursday, January 14, 2021

Day #306

Bubba came over and everybody put together the volcano he got them for Christmas. We found that baking powder works better than soda, even though they had a picture of baking soda, it said baking powder and it got me mixed up. Plus also I thought it worked best with soda, but what do I know. They used a ton of both powders and a quart of vinegar, but they had fun together so it’s fine. 

Addie and Delaney got very into designing the city of Pompeii and they laughed about how morbid they are. Listen, it’s been a long 10 months. 

5th grade fractions kicked all our booties yesterday. 1 Ray, 1 Seagrove, and 2 Finlayson’s all had different ideas for how to figure out the area of a rectangle with mixed numbers. After teaching her several different (wrong) ways, I finally watched the right video and was able to figure it out. Since bubba was over today, he offered to be the math teacher and they figured things out swimmingly. Math = 💔

Filters are fun. 

And so are fresh haircuts! I love it so much and hope Addie and Delaney will follow Frankie’s lead!

Tonight we had our 2nd meet and greet with Bayside ward. Their president asked a lot of good/tough questions and gave lots of ideas for ways we can support their ward. I already sent an email looking for answers and am grateful she gave me lots to think about. 

No comments: