Wednesday, April 24, 2019

Half a century!

Matt’s birthday was Tuesday of spring break. He’s been working thebmavy all of April, so we’d talked about getting a hotel and staying with him, but he’s been able to work at Pax, so that plan went out the window. I got up early and Matt him a big breakfast and saw him off to work. 

I wanted to make a ganache and strawberry cake for Matt’s birthday, and i found a good one! I had fun decorating it and it was super tasty!

I love finding random pics like this. 😂

We met Matt up at a new to us mexican restaurant who’s name i can’t remember. But they made guacamole at our table and it was all delicious. The girls had fun with him opening their presents, and he liked the shirts and sunglasses they picked for him. 

They sang happy birthday, complete with the fun hat. 

He loved it!

Then it was time for cake! We didn’t want to cause any fires, so we only put a few candles on. 

The little girls wanted in on that action. 

All his wishes will come true. 🤗

Chris brought over a gift from Alexis, Cade, and baby Emmett. A Fitbit - they give such nice gifts. 

I thought my cake was really pretty until i put it next to the picture in the online recipe. My chocolate swirls were kind of wonky, but whatever, it was still pretty. 

He’s planning a big trip with grandpa this summer which will be his big present. I’m so glad he was born!

1 comment:

Smilin' Jack 3 said...

Now she can take the Birthday Guy out in your kayaks and show him everything she learned.

Hooah!!

Great Blog!!