Monday, April 15, 2019

Elms

Last week both Frankie and Delaney had Elms Beach field trips. I got to go along with Delaney’s class, so that makes like a dozen Elm’s trips I’ve been on. It’s beautiful down there and they do a good job, and I always like to be a field trip chaperone and this is my first of the whole year, so not complaining. Just observing. I do lots of observing. 😉 Since we walk to school, D always loves a good and rare bus ride!

It had been so nice all week, and got up to the 60°’s, that day but in the morning it was so cold! We definitely weren’t prepared for that!

Huddling together for warmth. 

They do an outdoor lesson, decorate mini me’s, and then build their mini’s a shelter. Turns out shelter building is not Miss D’s strong suit. She did say that was her fav part of the day, so there you have it. 

It also happened to be twin day, which for these cuties turned into quadruplet day. And because Target only has so many cute and appropriate shirts and they both picked this style and there you have it. They wore different headbands and bottoms to differentiate and no one was upset about it. 

Frankie came over and had lunch with us. Her teacher brought her and said it was good with her as long as I returned her to her teacher in person, which I did. The next day I got an email from her teacher letting me know that Frankie had a really tough time controlling her impulses and did a lot of running, jumping on people’s backs, and other craziness that she doesn’t usually do. So she was probs glad to get rid of the crazy for a few minutes of peaceful lunch. 😂 Oh Frankie girl. 🤷‍♀️

Morgan is her newest obsession. As in “I don’t want to go see cherry blossoms, i want to play with Morgan.” You could really insert any activity in here, she loves her some Morgan. Thankfully she seems like a sweet girl. 

And D and Seph. Sephies dad also chaperoned so they weren’t in the same group, but they handled it like champs. 

So beautiful!

At the end of the day we looked for beach treasures and everyone got to take one home. I got some sea glass. 

1st grade!

And my fav, the silly shot. 

“Hi, I’m Delaney. Would you like a tour of my 18-wheeler?”

Huge barge out in the bay. Ms G. and I spent a few minutes trying to figure out which body of water this was and what the land we could see was. We finally looked it up on google maps. The answers are Chesapeake Bay and Eastern Shore, fyi. 

They had to collect food as certain types of animals and D’s group was blue crabs so they had to walk sideways. Ms. g got this funny pic of Delaney. 

There were so many field trips that day at Elms to make up for canceled trips, and Mrs. Higgs (pre k teacher!)from Leonardtown was also there with her class. She was so excited when i told her Frankie was there that she found her and grabbed a picture. We’ve been blessed with such amazing teachers!

By the end of the day it had warmed up and was just perfect weather. It was a lovely day field tripping with my girls. 

No comments: