Thursday, April 25, 2019

Canoeing around

I started some laundry this morning and was putting away the Easter bins when Lorrie from school called. Addies class found themselves in need of 2 volunteers to go on their field trip leaving in 15 minutes, and could I make it? We had a presidency meeting scheduled, but family comes first, especially when it’s just an easily rescheduled meeting. I threw some snacks into lunch box and hit the road. It helps that I went on a field trip right before spring break. 

Not sure how excited Addie was to have me. She wasn’t thrilled that i squeezed onto their seat with them, but we shared a bus with 2nd grade so there really wasn’t a lot of room. She did thank me at bedtime for going, so that made me happy. 

We learned about ecosystems and habitats and then talked about safety forever. 

And then finally it was time to walk down to the river. 

And more safety!

It was just all so pretty. And beautiful weather! I love Spriiiing!

Eva sat up front, Addie in the back, and I got to plop right into the middle. 

I was told to sit down and shut up. Not really, but basically. We took an oar, but they said we weren’t allowed to use it or give directions. So this princess got canoed all around the Patuxent River. 

It was so calm and gorgeous. 

I got splashed a few times, but other than that it was quite enjoyable. 

We were tasked with finding biotic and abiotic things all around the river and most of the good stuff was by the edge of the water. 

So pretty. 

My goofy canoer. 

The whole river was full of canoes. So fun!


I had so much fun with this big girl! And now i believe I have done all of the field trips, from pre-K-5th grade. 

🥰

We went into a little lagoon and circled around in our canoes. Each of the front canoers held into their neighbors canoe and we fanned out. It would have been cooler if there wasn’t a tree right in the middle of us, but i wasn’t in charge. 

I had the job to organize the kids putting away their flotation devices and oars. I’m in denial that these littles are going to middle school in a few months. 

It was such a fun day and I’m so grateful to live a life where i can drop everything and go on a field trip in 15 minutes. It’s a good life. 

No comments: