Sunday, November 5, 2017

Weekend and Halloween beginnings

Navy weekend! It was just us gals and it was actually really great. We had a couple double jobs since we missed some things on Friday. We had double piano (twice), double tutoring (we finished the first book!), cleaning, laundry, and lesson prep. Also, Addie found her Daisy hat and squeezed it on her big head. She looked hilarious!

We also took down some Halloween. I found this adorable skeletons that Bubba made, circa 2003. Back before he told his teachers his name was "chris."

Matt had a good weekend too. He met up and stayed the night with dan, who was also working   Those crazies for a bunch of potato/pasta salads and rented a movie. 

We fell back this morning, holla! Even though falling back is dreamy in the sleep department (except I fool myself into thinking I'm gonna get more sleep, so I stay up later and still wake up around the same time) I think it's really stupid. Da Rays!


I taught about Priesthood in RS. It was one of those lessons where I had a ton of info but i just couldn't organize it into something cohesive. Not my best lesson, but I tried. 

Tonight we went to the Darrow's for lasagna and friend time. Without playgroup we see each other so rarely. It always feels like life will slow down and we'll spend more time together, but then when will that happen? Life is funny. 

And now a few from Halloween. Because you have to start somewhere. Addie as Black Licorice (a witch she made up), Frankie as Super Girl (not Wonder Woman, she made her own new sign), and D as a black cat to go with a friends witch costume (even though we didn't T-or-T together).

We met up for dinner at the Streeter's at 4:30, so it was still super bright when we took pics. 

Delaney stayed in character nicely. 

We set up our candy outside before we left. I asked Addie to make a sign for the candy and for the teal pumpkin bowl too. Of course she came up with an elaborate rhyme/riddle, and I had to have her tone it down. Artist through and through. 

And because food is always important - our mummy spinach dip. 

And our skeleton veggie platter. 

More Halloween to come. 

No comments: