Thursday, November 2, 2017

Smurfy

Just to be clear, i wrote a whole post a few days ago and it disappeared because BlogTouch (Pro?!?) is literally the worst. I also composed a whole bunch of posts in my head, so I'm not off the wagon, but I am holding on by a thread. 

Addie had a tummy ache and came home from running club today, and Brownies got cancelled, so we found ourselves with nothing all evening. I had a tummy ache myself (because even 39 year olds can't resist Halloween candy) so we decided to watch a midweek movie before we do any home work. We so rarely have days with nothing going on, so I'm not feeling guilty at all. 

There's been some major candy trades happening all afternoon. 

"How many for a Hershey's?" D is all about the "Hershey's."

This was yesterday when we organized her candy. I helped because I love candy too. 

And Halloween night, admiring her haul. She wanted to spend some time t'or't'ing "alone," so after the little girls pooped out, Darlaina and I walked her and Ashby around until the were thoroughly done. 

Grandpa left yesterday, and last Monday morning mom left, and that evening grandpa came. Having guests is always fun, but it's been busy. More on that to come, but for now, enjoy some awkward school photos. 4th grade version, or the abused. 

2nd grade variety, or the alien. 

And kindergarten, or the robot. 

Needless to say, we'll be doing retakes. 

And also, when mom was here she brought us boxes and boxes of stuff from her house. I took pics of everything and wrote down whatever stories she could remember. Apparently grandma Frances Seagrove used to cover everything in fabric, a little waste not, want not, ifyouwill. And I will. So this was one of her boxes. It's so pretty and sweet, I'm not sure what I'll keep in it, but I love it. 

(don't mind my pink thumbnail, all's fair in love and crazy hair days)

No comments: