Saturday, November 11, 2017

Veterans Day ‘ 17

I already wrote this post once and it became yet another victim to the horror that is BlogTouch. This post will not be nearly as witty as the last one. #angryposting

This morning was our small town Veterans Day parade. We go every year and for the last 5 years have had Girl Scouts marching in it. Sadly this year we had to divide and conquer because I had church obligations. Thankfully Matt is an awesome daddy and always willing to step up and step in. Also, it was so, so cold this morning - 28 degrees when they left!













It was D the Daisey’s first parade and she was SO excited! I didn’t even recognize her in this pic, no skirt and plus a hat, it does not compute. She thought it was hilarious that I had to ask her where she was (I skimmed). Matt reported that the girls didn’t complain about the cold (they were layered within an inch of their lives) and had a great time. They’ve been singing the Army song (and the army goes rolling along) and you’re a grand old flag, and we’re all feeling very patriotic. We love our veterans!





While they marched, Addie and I finished up at church and went shopping. We had a fun girls afternoon trying on hats and checking out the goods. 

Addie tried out this giant mug. She asked me to take a picture but then kept moving. I had to remind her i was not taking a video. 

Matt and I did some planning when I got home. We’ve got loads of projects and they’re getting away from us. We’ve picked a weekend in January to paint and do some other fun projects so it’s time to prep and make some decisions! And I’m not great at decisions!

Matt and Frankie went on a Veterans Day date and I did one of my least favorite mom jobs in my favorite mom apron - changing out the seasonal clothing. I’m almost done - hallelujah. 


No comments: