Friday, November 3, 2017

Cws and also Sotterly

Today was a good day. First of all, it was like 80 degrees. It was also Matt's day off and we went to lunch and for a walk. It was lovely. 

I also had my 2nd tutoring session. My blogging has been so sporadically terrible that I don't even know what or how much I've written about Frankie and her suspected dyslexia. So, in a nutshell, we suspect she has dyslexia. But at this point we aren't willing to spend the several thousand dollars it would cost to have a neuro-psychologist test her, because that's not a "medical" issue and is not covered by insurance. 😡😤😫 

Through a series of God directed events, I was put into contact with a dyslexia tutoring business and was able to get a job with them. For right now I have one student at a private school that I am able to tutor 3 times a week during the day, and that enables me to tutor Frankie for free. That alone is the biggest blessing of all because I'm really loving working one-on-one with her, and tutoring runs around $45 per hour, and they recommend 3 hours a week. 😮 

Hopefully in the next few months I will have a few more students to make my drive worthwhile, but for now, my one cute girl is perfect. I didn't want to work outside the home just yet, but this feels really inspired and I am so thankful. I'm also thankful for November. 
Matt is finishing up a class at work and had a bunch of homework to do, so the girls and I crashed the Aina's and had pizza there. The girls had a blast and it was so nice to visit with my friends. These two precious girls are best buddies!
And in catching up news. Last Saturday a group of friends went and did the Sotterly Plantation Ghost Walk. 

We've wanted to do it every year, and this year we finally made it happen. Sotterly is gorgeous, even in the dark, and it was the most beautiful night! I even got a little warm in my jacket and lightweight scarf. 

The Ghost Walk was kind of cheesy, but also interesting. I wish the stories were more based on legend and they gave more info. But, you know. 

After the Ghost Walk we all went to Outback. It was so tasty and we scored ourselves a free Sinful Sundae so it was awesome. 

Matt's such a turd to take pictures with. 

I was trying to photobomb them, but was a touch too slow. 

So then we had a staged one. 

We love our good friends and our wonderful community. Love, love, love. 

No comments: