Monday, November 30, 2015

Weekend review

Saturday was a good working day. We met up with about 5 other families to clean the church and set up the Christmas trees. Many hands make light work and everything went smoothly.

After, we hit up chicfila. Addie was the only of our girls to turn her toy in for an ice cream. I can't remember if this pic was before or after she dropped it on the floor and we had to ask for a new one. (:
While we cleaned, Chris and the priests did a service project for a sweet homebound woman and then they went to breakfast. Sweet teenagers seriously melt my heart.

When we got home we didn't skip a beat. Matt went to work on outside lights (it was another perfect weather day!) and we put up inside decorations. Lexi circa 2002 was adorable!
I asked Addie to go take some pictures of Matt while he hung lights. I got about 20 of these, with varying degrees of finger in each shot.
I came upstairs at one point to find my 5-year-old on the roof with her dad. Uuuuhhhhh. I trust my sweet husband, but I couldn't stay to watch. At least, after I got a few pictures I couldn't stay.
Not his favorite job, but he loves me. And I love him!
Pardon the creepy face, but Frank's was literally throwing a tantrum because she (willingly) put on pj's that she doesn't like. I was trying to make her laugh, she's usually pretty good about recovering and laughing at herself, but it was no use. She was a-ngry.
I got a new calling on Sunday. Guess who the new RS president is? It deserves its own post, but safe to say it has consumed a lot of my thoughts, worries, anxieties, and gratitude for the past 3 weeks. 

I diagnosed myself with a ganglion cyst. 
Right?
It's doesn't hurt, is totally benign, and nothing really to do about it. And also, what did we do before web md? 

Today was a run around day. Our first presidency meeting (awesome) and lots of errands (not as awesome). Tonight was ballet and then Addie's 3rd recital. She for sure wasn't as ready with this piece (Jolly Old St. Nicholas) as she's been for her other recital pieces, but she did great. 
After, Johnna asked who the youngest person was. Before she could clarify "youngest piano student," Delaney's hand had shot up and she had announced "I'm a baby!" So Johnna let her come up and draw the names of the door prize winners, for which task she won a door prize, and also drew Addie's name (Frank's was thrilled:/)
'Twas a rainy day. The house looks like 4 messy kids and their 2 messy parents live here. But we are safe and warm and the advent calendars are ready. Bring it on, December!

No comments: