Friday, November 27, 2015

Happy thanksgiving 2015!

We had an amazingly easy, super nice thanksgiving this year. I did a lot of prep on Wednesday, and everything else Thursday morning. Our goal was to eat at 2, and here we were at 1:30. Holla! That big black bird on the table is Christians root beer infused turkey. Cajun inspired and really called for regular beer, but we subbed and even though it looked a little scary, it was tasty!
I was trying to take a picture of the empty seat we'd set for lexi accidentally, but then Laney was showing me the finger she burned. And someday I will grow up and not think this is so funny. (: not today though.
I didn't think I'd miss lexi so much, but I really did. This was her first major holiday not being home, and it was harder than I thought. She had Peter bring over some sparkling cider, a card, and flowers for us. She also sent some very sweet texts.  Super sweet. (:
We know of 2 teens that have recently lost their lives, another sweet little boy battling cancer, and others who are missing parents. This year especially, I am feeling so very grateful. For this chic, and all the others.
We are so very blessed!

No comments: