Friday, November 27, 2015

Sunday-Wednesday

In case one was wondering the method to my blog madness, there is none. This blog done be a hot mess right now and I don't have any strategy to fix it. 😕

Anywho, my sweet primary source class is getting ready to move on up to big kid Sunday school (in January, but still) and everyone is traveling for Christmas, so we got a picture in early. I'm planning on printing each of them one and mailing them postcard style. I really love these guys. The primary presidency had them share something they appreciate about their teacher, and they were so thoughtful and sweet in their responses. We share our weeks, gospel lessons, have thoughtful discussion, and it's been such a joy to watch them grow for the last year and a half.
Our kids enjoyed the ikea candy bars we brought them from Philly. Not super creative, but whateva.
Picture time!
Love these goofy girls!
We had our FHE on Sunday evening and Chris gave a really fun lesson. I love when everyone is into it and we can feel the spirit. Little piece of heaven. (:
Monday was sooooo cold! From out of nowhere, it was just freezing! It was our turn for kid swap day, so we had Ellie and Alexis over to play. There was lots of yelling and a little bit of bossing, but overall they are pretty easy.
We also drove the ballet bus and had pork chops with applesauce for a change of dinner pace. 

On Tuesday we pta'd and then Sarah and crew came over. We had offered to watch kids here for anyone that wanted to go paint and help metcalfs with their move. It turned out that Alecia was the only one to take us up, so I guess we didn't both need to be there, but it was fun to visit and solve some of the world's problems. 

Poor bubba came home from school  crying. One of his friends, a 17 year-old girl, had been found dead that morning. Way too young and so hard to comprehend. We've been praying for her family and planning to attend the services. 

At 1:15 I headed to school to help with the K Charlie Brown thanksgiving party. I toasted and buttered bread to go with the jelly beans, popcorn, ice cream, and juice boxes.
She was sooo excited to see me! She is so precious. She said something later about feeling so loved. This crazy loud girl drives me kinda crazy, but she's seriously got a heart of gold!
On Tuesday we also went to piano. 

On Wednesday we decided to have a full on pajama day. We've been playing lots of games lately, including, but not limited to battleship. It is just shy of excruciating, but I want to be a game playing family and you have to start somewhere. Delaney and Frankie have an interesting strategy. Strangely, we lost that round.
I stayed in pj's until after bedtime and then headed out to target for a few PTA items. When I got there I realized I had left my wallet at home. Ugh. But thankfully I'm still cruising the rental, and I'm listening to Memoirs of a Geisha, so it's all good. 

No comments: