Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Sleepless in Leonardtown

We've had two little visitors into our bed overnight and since then sleep has eluded me. The makings for a fine Tuesday. :/ So why not take a bite of the blog elephant?

This little cutie enjoyed a late night show after a late afternoon nap. She was all cozy in her robe and making sea lion whiskers with her fingers, and just who can resist?
The late nap was on account of a kid swap day at the aina's. I got this cute pic. Friendies!
My pencil mom duties continue. I have only forgotten and had to do an early morning sharpening one monday, so that's pretty good. Addie gets to lug the big bag back and forth every Friday and Monday. Good for the muscles. 
"Mom, take a picture of me like this."
Nothing new or noteworthy to report. Like keeps moving in the same old way. Chris gave a talk in LP ward on Sunday, so I got to stay with him and hear that. Beau came over for dinner that night, so that was fun. I tried to convince him to come to church with us this Sunday, but "I'm not religious." We'll see. ;)

Chris keeps whittling away at his college applications. In the mean time some kids are already getting their acceptance letters. #hessoslow. Indoor track tryouts started Saturday and he'll find out today if he made the team. His last day crabknocking was last week, (in anticipation of track) and we are all looking forward to having him home more. 

Addie keeps ballerina'ing, piano'ing, and brownie'ing. Our Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday's all have something, and it's totally doable, but requires forethought and planning, and usually shuffling. She's expressed concern that she doesn't have any good friends at school, so we are working on that. She is a sweet girl that works hard at everything she does. 

Frankie is also ballerina'ing and daisy'ing. She's loud and crazy and funny. She's got loads of little buddies that she holds hands with as they walk to their cute kindergarten classroom. Yesterday we turned in her pioneer turkey and her teacher said it was "awesome."

Delaney continues to be an awesome little tagalong kid. She is still in a diaper and I've pretty much lost all hope in that department. My first three were super early potty trainees. So that meant that I was an awesome potty trainer. Ha. Frankie and Delaney put me waaaaay back in my place, and i now see that it was way less about me than them. Lesson learned, now can we just get out of diapers? Thankfully she's smart and fun and, though often cantankerous in public, (she's like an old grandma!) she's super easy going and happy at home. 

I got rear ended last week and Have been cruising the Town and Country since the jolly green has been in the shop, and I must say, it's quite delightful. I do not mind if they take their sweet time fixing my strong lady because we are all enjoying cruising a new ride (our newest is 7 years old) and saving miles on our old rides. 
Crunch:
Matt's sewing skills have really improved. Years ago, our friend Rose came and taught us both how to use our sewing machine, a very old beast that my fiend Rachel gave me before we got married. Her ex-mother in law had given it to her, so it's a super sturdy oldie. At first it bothered me that matt was sewing patches, it just seems like something the mom should do, but then I snapped out of it and was like, this is awesome! In the last week he finished up Addie's Daisy vest from last year, hooked her up with her brownie best, hooked Frankie up with her Daisy vest, hemmed some of his pants, and sewn Bradley's scout patches on too, just for good measure.
This sounds like more of a Christmas card update than a blog post, but when you are this behind you get what you get. 

1 comment:

Lana said...

Any task dads will do they should! And we should applaud and be happy that a little clapping takes less time than doing it ourselves!😘