Friday, March 1, 2013

13 whole months - by delaney


being 1 is pretty fun.
i decided i'd like to try being potty trained before frankie.
from the way things are going, it shouldn't be too hard.
i just love being in ma' birthday suit!
perfect for all sorts of exploration.
like getting into mom's jewelry armoire. that's one of my favorite things to do.
and guess what? earrings are delicious!
try one, i'm serious.
but sometimes birthday suits are dangerous.
like when you get too close to a super hot space heater.
ouch.
my big sisters are teaching me well. i just love playing dress up!
every time i find any item of clothing i put it around my neck.
or on my head. :)
mama's been feeding me a lot of solids.
 i'm liking food better, but sometimes it just makes me plain grumpy.
not a big fan of goats either.
bunnies are pretty cute though.
know what else is cute?
me.
walking everywhere.
i walked all over the church on wednesday.
somewhere towards the middle of the month i decided to be a full time walker.
i even wear shoes.
i'm big time, baby.
opening presents is pretty fun.
especially when you've got sisters to help you out.

know what else i've gotten good at this month?
throwing fits.
i don't care what i hurt, when i'm mad i just throw my head and body down.
i'll show them.
 

most of the time i'm pretty happy though.
i laugh at myself all the time.
and i say a lot of words.
 i say thank you, balloon, and then all their names.
and those are just the words i can remember right now.
i say a lot more, trust me.

i also grunt/whine a lot.
it gets the job done, so you know.
i have enough hair in my tuft on the back of my head to put a barrette in.
awwww, yeah!
i'm switching over to mostly one nap a day. but anytime i decide to make a sleep switch things are kinda crazy for awhile. so some days i get one, some days two, just depends. and then i still wake up  at least once, if not twice a night. on this day i woke up so i could help mom take big kids to seminary. i just love to help out where i can.
for bubba's birthday i went to the movies with mama and bubba.
a dark and loud theater?
i don't think so.
don't you worry though, they won't be trying to take me back there anytime soon.
 i cried and whined even when mom was standing up and holding me.
 luckily we were the only ones in the theater, but i don't care if we weren't.
finally about half-way through i took pity on them and fell asleep.
i'll show them.
my bestie ellie told me that chocolate is super yummy, and guess what?
she was right!!!
as the baby of the family, i've got to be pretty creative with what i play with.
and i'm seeing a future in garbage collecting.
(maybe farming in ma' overalls)
it's pretty fun!

okay, gotta roll.
see ya next month!!!
 
love,
 
delaney

No comments: