Sunday, July 29, 2012

6 whole months - by delaney

yay!
i've made it half-a-year!
and such a fun month i've had!
all sorts of new toys!
some more fun than others.
i don't know that i love my high chair.
i do love classic toys though.
i tried some food too.
i tried a few baby mum mums, but i don't love em em's.
i gag on them, so we're gonna wait till next month to have any more of those.
i've learned some new skills.
i taught myself to sit up.
it wasn't easy and i took some spills.
nothing to cry over, of course.
and now i'm a pro!
okay, okay, i still fall over sometimes.
i've got a big head!
i started taking the big girl baths.
i wasn't too sure about them first.
i mean, i never get left alone as it is and in the bath...
i still didn't really get left alone.
but i had a good time anyway.
i kept scooting down so i could put my legs and body more in the water. :)
you know how i said i never get left alone?
more proof:
and now addie's getting more confidant and has been picking me up a lot lately.
heave, addie!
sometimes it's hard to be the baby here.
i'm pretty patient though.
i've done a lot of growing, which means a lot of sleeping.
thinking hard sleeping.
couch sleeping.
dreaming of climbing sleeping.
nervous sleeping.
and sweet sleeping.
embarrasingly, i've also had several, ahem, accidents.
not my fault.
foot on a ferry?
delicious!
happy month, happy baby!
of course, i did have some harrowing moments.
my mom actually left me with my sister while i was sleeping one night.
i taught her.
i'm seriously thinking about crawling soon.
i already scoot all around.
it's exhausting.
potty break.
quick change and back to work!
army crawl.
i've been getting up on all 4's a lot lately. i rock back and forth too.
planks strengthen my abs.
sissy had just walked in and i love her!
i go backwards, forwards, all over!



all that work...
break time again!
maybe i'll just roll a little bit longer.
my mom woke me up from a nap one day to try to take 6-month pictures with my bestie ellie.
i took a few pictures, but by the time ellie woke up i was not happy.
and i let everyone know it.
an excerpt from that shoot:

baby needs sleep.

i've got a cold on my half birthday, so i better get going.
a raspberry kiss before i go.
love,

delaney

2 comments:

Debby said...

She is such a cutie! I can't believe she is six months old, time sure flies when you are surrounded with adorable little ones

auntie henna said...

i love her.