Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Thanks Papa!

For Addie's birthday papa sent Addie an art easel!!!
This was another gift I was going to buy Addie!
I guess great minds really do think alike!
Addie loves it. One side has a chalkboard and the other holds paper.
We use it during pre-school time and whenever she gets a hankering to draw.
(I don't think I've ever actually used the word "hankering." Awesome.)
Please excuse the poor picture quality.
The basement is our playroom and the lighting is atrocious.
(look at me go with all my 50 cent words today!)
I'm still waiting for my, ahem, birthday present from my husband that will help with picture editing. If you see him around you might want to remind him. :)


Getting serious about her work!


And Addie's not the only one that loves the easel.
Messages can often be found written from one sibling to another, or random groups of people.
(one time it read "If you mess with one of us, you mess with all of us." Hardcore, right?!)
Just on Saturday I found instructions for a cheer.
See chalkboard. Must write.

Dramatically erasing all her work.
She is her toughest critic.

Then she got a card and was writing the words inside the card, on the chalkboard.

Frankie even loves it!
Look at that balancing!

Who doesn't love a 2-year-old in pajamas and high heels?
Not me!

We love our chalboard Papa!
ThAnK YoU!

2 comments:

auntie amy said...

oh my gosh. drawing in pjs and heels? addie is a baby genius.

Shelly said...

I have seriously been wanting an easel for a long time. You'll have to let me know if it is a "lasting" toy. :o)