Thursday, September 2, 2010

Monthly Wrap-up or That's What Friends are For

Since I've not been on top of blogging
(or anything really)
here's some of our August at-a-glance.

And almost everything seemed to be centered around friends.
We are so blessed!
We have such good friends!
And when you have no family within 2000 miles, it's nice to have good friends!

So, in no particular order...

I had a girls day out at Ikea with my sweet friend Mindy. She took her full size van and we still managed to load it completely full!
And don't think we weren't sweaty ladies after loading all of this in.
By ourselves.
In the heat.
And humidity.
Gross!

We even had to put this big flat box between us and Frankie in the backseat!
Poor girl probably thought I had abandoned her.
Poor girl probably thinks that a lot.
I guess that's the lot of 4th babies.

One night I 'volunteered' to take Lex and Chris and friends to see "Vampires Suck."
(which incidentally, sucked!)
Before the movie I got to feed everyone.
Dinner for 10...
no problem.
I've got the Helper.

I tried to get some pics but they didn't turn out so well.

I tried.

In other news...
I chopped my hair!!!
(please excuse the nastiness of this picture. I had showered and then decided I had to cut my hair immediately.
(that's the way I roll! It's so very "fly-by-the-seat-of-your-pants!)
So this is the lovely naturally curly brush through.
Do you feel my pain that this is what I was dealing with?!
That's a lot of hair!!!

Inspired my sweet friend Colleen, I decided to donate to Locks of Love. That also made it easy to decide how much to cut. Here I am before sending my pigtails off to be made into something beautiful. ;)
Love my short hair, it is so refreshing!

These 2 2-year-olds are hilarious! And as you can see Addie and Izzy couldn't sit still long enough for a picture, they were literally jumping around the room.
And like true girl best friends, they love to drive each other crazy.
They are so funny!

We went to a super fun and cute birthday party for my friend Alecia.
She turned 30, such a baby!;)
It was movie themed and it was all so cute!

We played games like "Name that soundtrack" and did some 1980's trivia. We enjoyed 5 different flavors of popcorn and had movie theater candy. They had asked each of us to bring a movie clip, so that was fun to see what everyone brought. We also all dressed up as our favorite movie characters but I neglected to get a pic of Matt and I as...
Edward and Bella.
No, not necessarily my favorite, but at least they were easy costumes.

We went to a fun and cute birthday party for little 1-year-old Tatum too.
It was an "Under the Sea" party and Dani had everything so cute!

As I was taking pictures Addie said "Mommy, cheese!" and did her silly face.
Seriously, where do kids learn this stuff?!

We had a fun girls night out (in).
We brought goodies and visited.
We had planned to watch a movie but then had so much fun talking that we just talked all night.
Love it!
We were laughing about how this is like a perfect "family" picture, everyone all posed so nicely!


Just because, who doesn't love a big, sleepy diapered bottom?!

I hate to even write this and jinx myself, but Addie has been going to bed (naps and bedtime!) without crying! For like a week!
This might not seem like a big deal to some people, but this is a girl that has had the same bedtime routine for 2 years and still cries every nap and nighttime!
But lately she's been taking her books and Pillow Pet and saying "Goodnight mommy!" and just laying down quietly.
Anyways, here she is with all her loot.
So cute!
ps - I never put her down with juice, I just happened to leave it in there this day.

And that my friends is a small glimpse of our August. :)

2 comments:

Lana said...

I love that Addie sleeps with all those books!

Shelly said...

Soooo glad Addie is sleeping well now. What did the trick??
Also, looks like you guys did your family pics too! I've been wanting her to do ours for like a month now! Its becoming the fad. :o)