Tuesday, September 7, 2010

The best day

Last Saturday we seriously had the best day!
We didn't do anything fabulous, but we all worked together and got along.
Matt and Christian worked on our family derby car and Alexis and I made chocolate covered strawberries and pretzels.
We were all together.
The tv was off.
Love was spoken there.
It was just one of those days.
Those normal days.

Awhile ago I read on a blog (can't remember whose) a poem about a "normal day" and how we should learn to appreciate them. It really resonated with me. I don't think this is the poem I had read, but it has the same message.

"Normal day, let me be aware of the treasure you are. Let me learn from you, love you, bless you before you depart. Let me not pass you by in quest of some rare and perfect tomorrow. Let me hold you while I may, for it may not always be so. One day, I shall dig my nails into the earth, or bury my face in the pillow, or stretch myself taut, or raise my hands to the sky and want, more than all the world, your return."
~ Mary Jean Iron

Happy normal Tuesday to ya!

No comments: