Friday, September 10, 2010

11-year-olds

In our church turning 12 is a pretty big deal. It's the year that you get to leave the kids program (Primary) and enter into the Young Men and Young Women's programs.
Since Christian turned 12 this year and I work in the Primary, I've really seen what a difficult year it can be for these little guys!
They go from being too-cool-for-school in Primary to the youngest of the big kids.
So we came up with the idea to have a party to celebrate them.
To let them know that we appreciate their leadership for the little one's and that we will miss them in Primary.
And even though I'm not their teacher, I have a pretty vested interest in this cute little group.
So we had the party at our house.
We played some fun games including one that Lexi taught me called "Ninja."

Zane, the one in the white shirt, was totally the Ninja champion!

We also played 2 truths and a lie, and another game that I am forgetting right now.
Then we had ice cream. :)
I know I always buy too much. This was no different, I bought 6 different flavors. They just all sounded so good!
The kids wanted to taste test so I got out Addie's baby spoons and then that's what they all wanted to use to eat.
11-year-olds.




Guess who wouldn't pose for a picture for his dear old mom?!


After ice cream we went outside to wait for parents and play some more games.
I think the party went swimmingly, even though we missed a few that couldn't make it..

This is such a good group of kids.
It's so neat to watch as they grow up.
They will do awesome things!

And a silly shot.

We love our little 11-year-olds!
(now mostly 12-year-olds!)

2 comments:

Lana said...

ninja is fun! and so are you :)

The Wasek Family said...

That is such a great idea.