Friday, September 10, 2010

Reba!!!

I looooooooooove Reba McEntire!
So imagine my excitement when I found out she was coming down to tiny old Southern Maryland!!!
The concert was at the end of August and it was sooo much fun!

Matt, Mindy, Angela, and I headed across the bridge to little St. Leonard.
The concert was an outdoor fundraiser for the St. Leonard volunteer fire department.
It was super cute and down-homey!
Love it!

It was also the first (and only) night I have ever left Frankie with the sibs. That part didn't go too well, but we still had a good time.



Oh and Barbra Jean was her opening act! You know, from the Reba show?! She did stand-up comedy. She wasn't the funniest comedian I've ever heard, but it was cool to see her. And then she came out and interacted with Reba a little bit, which was cute.

Not pictured:

*mine and Mindy's super cute Reba t-shirts that we bought and then promptly went into the porta-potties to change into
*my authentic Texas cowgirl boots
(even though they were bought at a Mervyns store, they are still from Texas!)

We had so much fun eating ribs and pulled pork, people watching (Southern Maryland outdoor country concert=some very different people), and belting out every Reba song we knew at the top of our lungs!

2 comments:

amy said...

'when did you know you'd lost the bet? when i started singing every word or when i pulled out the cd?' i was just thinking of this this morning and chuckling at my funny, reba-loving henna.

The Wasek Family said...

That sounds SO fun! I'm a HUGE Reba fan too!