Thursday, February 26, 2009

Happy Birthday Baby Boy!!!

Today is Christian's 11th birthday! Ahhh, where did the time go?! If I was a better blogger (and had more time today) I would go through and scan some way cute baby pictures of him. But alas, I'm pressed for time (and I really am not 100% on how to use the scanner).

Christian is such a goofball! Since Pre-k his teachers have always told me... "He is so smart! And he is also sooo social!" Anytime he's ever gotten in trouble at school (and there have been a few times!) it's because he was goofing around and talking too much.

He's also way girl crazy! Scary! When we got his Pre-k yearbook (and everyone since then!) he was showing me his class and he said "That's my girlfriend. And (pointing to another picture) that's my girlfriend. And that's my girlfriend." I knew I was in for some trouble then and there! His teacher here in Penn Valley told me that he's a total babe magnet. I told him it was all in the big ears. The ladies love 'em!

I love that he is so sensitive! I love sappy songs and when they tell a really good story I'll make the kids listen to them and see if they can figure out the story, and then I'll explain the parts they miss. He has fallen in love with so many sappy songs that way. :)

I also had him trained at a very young age to run up ahead of Lex and I and open the door. Such a little gentleman! He has also been the official bug killer since he was big enough to kill bugs. Even when he was scared he would always buck up and do the squashing for me. Seriously, what a gentleman!

For his birthday I made him baseball and basketball cupcakes for school and a cake for home. Then he wanted to go to a Japanese Steakhouse for a delicious steak dinner. My friend Joy recommended a restaurant and it was sooo good! We had such a fun time! Some pictures from Christian's special day...

Opening some new clothes this morning before school.

I know my cake decorating skills still need some work, but I was pretty proud of myself! I've come a long way! (ps - we dropped our camera the other day and the viewer is all messed up, so I thought this was centered. Oopsie. :)


At dinner...

Addie's reaction to the fire.

The chef was sooo talented! And he agreed to a picture with our birthday boy!

So fun!

Coming home to cake and ice cream.


We can't believe your 11 Bubba! We love you and we're so proud of all you do! Happy birthday!

1 comment:

Joy :) said...

OH, that is so sweet. Happy birthday Chris. I need to go eat now. I wish it was my b-day. That cake looks great.