Monday, February 2, 2009

Amy's Visit - Our 3rd Visitor

We had a great time with my sister Amy last week. She flew in on Thursday afternoon and stayed until Monday night. It was a perfect amount of time, not too long and not too short. Just right. :) She lived in this area (closer to San Francisco) years ago so she didn't really want to do anything touristy. So we kept it low key and nice. :) I took our camera with me when we went out, but I think I was having so much fun that I didn't use it very much! I didn't get one single shot of her and I together! Ugh, I hate when I do that!

Thursday we had a nice family night. I made Mexican and we all just visited. On Friday she sort of had to work, so we stayed home most of the day. Oh, and that beautiful weather we'd been having? Yeah, that was gone while she was here. The drizzly rain came and replaced our sunshine. :( But it did stop raining long enough for us to take a hilly walk around our neighborhood. I swear, if I had someone to walk with everyday, I'd be skinny! :)

On Friday night Alexis had planned a movie night with her friends and I got talked into driving, so I left Addie, Matt, and Christian home and Amy and I took Lex and friends to the movies. We dropped them off and went shopping. It was just so nice to go shopping with a girlfriend! It seems like I haven't done that for ages! And it's not like we went to nice stores either! We went to the Dollar Store, Ben Franklin Crafts, and Rite-Aid! But it was soooo nice! And peaceful without little Addie. :)

On Saturday Christian had his first basketball game. And I think I took my first picture since Amy had gotten to town! Christian and his team did awesome! Here's a few shots, but it is tough to get a good picture of someone playing basketball! He looks pretty silly in most of the shots!

That's my red-shorts-wearin boy!

Here's a good picture of what happened most of that game. Can you see that monstrous kid jumping up and getting ready to put the smack-down on my little Christian? Those kids were huge! It was still fun to watch and they played really well.

After the game Amy and I left and went for a girls afternoon. We got a manicure and pedicure and went to lunch. We were gonna see a movie, but we live out in the middle of nowhere and only one of the three theaters around us had any good movies and the times didn't work for us. We still had a super fun afternoon and I felt so re-charged after getting some time to myself! I'd forgotten what it felt like to not have a baby attached to me everywhere I go! But sadly, we didn't get any pictures!

After church on Sunday we had a movie night. We lit a fire and snuggled under blankets. Our mom used to make popcorn and orange Julius so we did just that. It was so yummy!

I did manage to get a few of Auntie Amy with her nephew and nieces. None with me though!

Addison was like "Quick, while they're distracted, eat popcorn!" She'd get a full handful and stuff her mouth! We give her small pieces and bite the kernel off, but that's kind of slow going and she was excited to get a whiole mouthful! Of course I'm mean and made her spit it out, no choking here please!
Amy couldn't wait to see Addie in her famous Snowman suit and it just so happens that it was cold enough for her to wear it while she was here. So everyones happy. Except Addie doesn't look very happy. She looks kinda like a melancholy snowman.

It was also nice to have someone around that was as excited to do another Addie fashion show as I always am. I have a feeling Addie's gonna want to use some of the photo shoot shots when she does her 8 month blog tomorrow, but here's a little preview...

Amy tried to smuggle our Addie. Too bad she didn't fit.


I had so much fun! It really was a great recharge for me. Thanks for the visit (and the shirt) Auntie Amy!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I guess we never did manage to take a picture together. Oh well, maybe next time. Thank you for dedicating a blog to my visit. :-)

Joy :) said...

What a fun visit. I wish my sisters could come. You guys look so much alike.