Monday, February 9, 2009

Superbowl Part-ay!

I know I'm late on posting. Addie has decided she's not a fan of napping and she's turned my nice, scheduled world upside down! It's soooo much harder to keep things going without any baby breaks throughout the day!!! We'll be working on that...

Anyways, we decided kinda last minute to have some friends over for Superbowl Sunday. I'm so glad we did cause we had such a fun time! I resisted the urge to go way overboard on the food and kept it simple with 2-2 foot subs, pasta salad (which I kinda messed up by using mayo with olive oil in it, which I didn't realize until I tasted the pasta salad is low fat! Boo!), chips, and soda. Lori and family brought over Sara Salad (way yum! I need that recipe!), 7 Layer dip, chips and soda, and Kelly and family made delicious totally homemade caramel corn and ice cream here, yum! Hmmmm, wonder why the first thing I write about is food.... I did hear on the news that Superbowl Sunday is second only to Thanksgiving in the biggest eating day of the year. That's a whole lot of eating!

Here's the "after" sandwich picture.

I love food so much that I even love taking pictures of it!

How fitting that I took as many pictures of the food as I did of the people.

Okay, I promise to be a better photographer next time we have people over! Lately my photog skills are not so good! Gotta work on that!

We were bummed to see the Stielers win. I personally still have sour grapes over them "beating" the Seahawks in the Superbowl a couple years back. We thoroughly enjoyed all the commercials (I liked the snow globe one!) and even the game was pretty good. But of course the best part was the hanging out with friends. :) And the food...

2 comments:

Sara said...

Hey girl... I think I've lost your cell number. I had your home number in my cell, but since you don't live there anymore...

Anyway, I wanted to talk to you about this summer and seeing when/if you're going out of town. We'd like to come and visit!

Joy :) said...

Looks like the perfect party. Kobe had a blast. Thanks for letting him come. If I wasn't so ready for a nap after church, and david didn't have to work, we woulda been there.