Friday, February 25, 2022

This is such precious and sacred time with my mom. It is beautiful and heart wrenching. 

I keep physical contact as much as I can when I’m with her. And every time I leave the room for something she stirs and wakes up. Spirit to spirit, she knows when she’s alone, and when she’s not alone. It’s such a tender mercy to care for my momma this way.

And yet I’m so sad. I’ve thought so much about that and pondered about my feelings and if I should cry knowing such a beautiful eternal perspective. One of my favorite verses of scripture is simply “Jesus wept.” He wept with his friends in their sadness. I believe in a Savior and Heavenly Parent's in whose image I am made, and in whose emotions I feel. So I weep. 

We talked about how to announce all that is happening. We decided on a simple social media heads up. Lexi helped gather some pictures to share. This has always been one of my absolute favorite pictures of my beautiful mom and baby. I wouldn’t be where I am today without these two. 

And then with our girl all grown up. 💕

Her house is covered in pictures of her grandchildren. Each one is so beloved to her. 

Forever grateful we came together to celebrate our mom for her 70th birthday. I believe in celebrations. 

Today she will come home and be able to be fully surrounded by love around the clock. The days feel long and short at the same time. Embracing every beautiful moment. 

No comments: