Friday, February 18, 2022

Fridge of fame

On Wednesday after jiu jitsu we went to the store. D brought her phone and listened to music. 😂

These two have been friends since pre-k and now they’re just a bunch of big 4th graders doing safety patrol with Ms. Blakely. I walk to school with Delaney every morning, and some days she asks me to hang out and some days she dismisses me. I’m happy she likes me to walk with her. 

These three jokers worked together in Maker Space one day. I forget what D said they created, but they were all very proud of themselves. 

We’re Tenkor sitting this week while Alli is in Texas with our mom. I get so stressed taking her for walks because she’s so naughty around other dogs. She’s also attacked, and been attacked by other dogs while I’ve been with her and it makes me anxious. Thankfully Matt mostly takes her out and I persevere the rest of the time. D still loves her T-baby. 

Today I ran to Ruby’s house for one last short assessment. I have worked with that girl for 3 years and it’s so weird not to see her all the time. I had a good chat with her mom and they assured me they gave me glowing reviews. 🤗 😉

Then Matt and I had a lunch date at Noli’s. We split a meatball appetizer - delicious, lemon chicken - delicious, and a fugedaboutit dessert - kind of meh. They used Hershey syrup, which I don’t like and didn’t expect a fancy Italian restaurant to use, hence my non delicious rating for it. But it’s a super cute restaurant and we definitely recommend. 

Then Matt and I continued our date at the school where he volunteered in Maker Space with me. We didn’t have any 5th graders so we got to talk about all the things. I also was able to grab a picture of Delaney on the fridge of fame. 

He’s so good with kids. Except when he blew in a straw to make it make noise and then all the kids did it too and we had to throw away a bunch of straws, but other than that. 

Puppet playtime. We sent this chaplipped cutie to nanny because nanny gave us this puppet. 

And also a Frankie shot, since I’ve sent lots of d shots. 

Emmi is potty training so we sent him some cute boxer briefs and Carter a happy garden toy. Then we got to FaceTime and watch car car eat his gnocchi soup. I’m trying to get out to see them soon!

I’ve been making lists and checking them twice. There are so many little things to do for womens conference, and then catching up on life after a few weeks down and out. I have gotten my 10,000 steps the last 2 days, even though I had to ask Matt to slow down today. I’m doing my bum foot stretches and yoga, and I made dinner several times this week. For our scripture study for home evening we take turns picking conference talks to watch, and Frankie chose Elder Uchtdorf. I’ve been thinking all week about this:

Do you want to change the shape of your life?
Change the shape of your day.
Do you want to change your day?
Change this hour.
Change what you think, feel, and do at this very moment.
A small rudder can steer a large ship.

As I do little things each day to remind me of my savior or my covenants or my goals, I am steering this large ship. Its so good. 

My mom still isn’t doing well. She’s not eating enough, so her dr’s are talking about a feeding tube. She’s doing all her therapies, so that’s good, but there have been so many complications and setbacks, it’s just really hard. Still praying for a miracle. And also for God’s will to be done, and to be able to gracefully and with a soft heart accept it. . 

No comments: