Wednesday, February 16, 2022

More January

We still go to the dentist a lot. Thankfully Delaney’s expanders haven’t been coming off as much anymore. We’re all excited for them to finish their treatment.  

I’m teaching the girls to pump gas. They’re getting pretty good, except that time D left the cap off. 😳

This baby boy loves his daddy! They’re so cute. 

Nanny shot. 

I really love doing it the days of Valentines. It’s been a fun tradition that I hope the kids will continue as they have their own families.  

Punxatawney Phil said we’ll have a long winter. We’ve had a few really warm and beautiful days, but mostly really cold. 

Delaney has her turn to be Safety Patrol this quarter. She said it feels good to wear that sash. 😂

So then bubba showed her his sash, but we all agree D’s is cooler. In preparation for deployment, Christian and crew spent a month in Louisiana. Unfortunately his crew got captured in all of their training exercises. Hopefully they get a handle on that before deployment. 

Emmett loves Carter soooo much. 😂

And a surgery journey. I came out of surgery sooo hot. I was hot most of my time there, and my wonderful nurses brought me lots of ice packs. On Monday I slept all day. I didn’t eat dinner, talked to the crew for about 5 minutes, and then back to sleep. I took this picture after a nurse check in at 3am. I think I was trying to see my wound, but failed. I have zero pride otherwise I wouldn’t ever share this. I had marks on my chin and injection marks there and on my neck by both ears. And back to sleep. 

8:30 check in. I ate a few bites of brekkie and back to sleep. 

9:30. Waking up a little more every hour. 

Dr. Chen checked on me and by 11 they were getting my papers ready to send me home. 

I ate a little lunch and got ready to go. My hair is hilarious. If it gets even a little bit wet it curls and frizzes out of control. I tried. 🤷‍♀️

Matt picked up all my meds and figured out all the timing. He ground them up and put them in my applesauce so I didn’t have to try to swallow any big pills. I had so many different prescriptions and they were taken at different times and intervals. He’s a good guy. 

Wednesday morning shot. Still so sleepy

One weird thing, something during surgery burned my nose. I could tell immediately that it was burned, and slowly it scabbed over on its own, but it’s still a little red. 

Something happened when they tried the iv in this hand and that little attempt bruised the heck out of me. 

Matt was able to take the whole week off to spend with me, so that was awesome. I couldn’t ask to be better pampered. 

No comments: