Friday, February 11, 2022

Marching on

Life keeps moving forward. Men are that they might have joy, and I am thankful to be a pretty light hearted person a lot of the time. We’ve had lots of happy mixed in with the hard. Delaney put on the worlds cutest magic show last Saturday. She prepped for it for days - we had tickets days in advance, and she’d put signs up for everything. She had a ticket counter manned by Rachel Tomas (her pseudonym) and refreshments. She doesn’t have a top hat so she made herself   one. 

Lexi and Cade sent her a magic set for her birthday, so she used that and went through all her tricks. It was so adorable and she had so much fun putting it on. She had a tip jar, so we made sure everyone gave her a tip. 

This little cutie. Middle school continues to be not the most fun thing. She talks about home schooling, but with a trip to Texas, and possibly Montana coming up we are waiting things out. 

James was in town for work, so Matt was able to visit with him in dc. I would have loved to go too, but whomp whomp. 

My moms journey continues to be a roller coaster. Frey arrived Sunday and they could barely wake her up to eat. They had given her a muscle relaxer that threw her into a tailspin for a bit. On Monday she couldn’t even recognize him. It was a happy day when finally on Tuesday she knew who he was and his name. I reached out to her bishop and gave him my number to share with friends that want updates, so every day I’ve spoken to someone from the ward, it’s been such a blast from the past. She is only able to eat soft foods and loves pudding, so I sent her this one of fellow pudding lover, D. 

💕

Papa took the girls to see their award winning scavenger hunt photos and these pics have been all over our small town social media. The scavenger hunt is the gift that keeps on giving, it was fun to do and everything that came after has been just icing on the cake.  

We did at home church on Sunday. There was a stomach bug going around, and with stitches in my neck I cannot get sick like that. Matt had to work the Navy, so the girls and I stayed home. They are still masked at school, and then Johnna let us do virtual piano and then Matt took them to jiu jitsu and everyone showered as soon as they got home. Probably overkill, but life has been rocky, so we’ll overkill a bit. Amy brought over dinner that night and it was nice to visit with her for a bit. 

I went back to school for my Tuesday multiplication buddies and just thought these boxes of masks are the most 2020 (2020-2022 I guess) thing ever. My little buddies missed me and only one asked what happened to my neck, which was fine, I don’t mind telling them, I just thought more would ask. I had told delaney to try to come say hi to me and she remembered, so that is always nice too. 

I got to talk to Joy for a long time on Wednesday and she assured me I could take off my bandage. She gave me directions (clean Vaseline) and it came off pretty easily and nearly painlessly. 

And there she is. My cool little pirate scar. I’m going to have to be careful to keep it out of the sun this year, so hopefully it won’t feel gross to have clothing over it soon. 

It was 60° so the girls went out to play tennis and volleyball in these cute little skorts from Quinn. We’re sending lots of pictures to nanny lately. 

Like these ones from jiu jitsu. 

Delaney practicing with a much bigger boy. 

Frankie practicing with a much smaller boy. 🤷‍♀️

That night f and a had a pinewood derby at the church. Matt helped them make their cars, but they didn’t add any weight or do anything special. Adi was a little bummed her car came in last. I didn’t think she would care, and she didn’t really, but said she’d like to have won something. Oh well.

Today Alecia and I went for a walk and to lunch. It was another beautiful day and we walked over a mile so that’s my farthest day yet. It was so nice to get outside and be able to talk through all the struggles and joys of life. We went to outback for lunch and it was delicious too, just a wonderful afternoon. 

And then Lu called to let me know she’d taken Carter back to the hospital because his knee was swollen again. They X-rayd and scanned and sent everything over to the Children’s hospital to see what to do. I got home and went straight to bed. I don’t know if it was the long walk or the stress of Carter being sick again, or probably both, but I just couldn’t hang. I’m grateful beyond grateful to have the flexibility to give myself what feels like an excessive amount of healing time. It’s only been 2 and a half weeks, but I thought I’d be ready to rock after 1. 

We ordered Chicfila for dinner as a school fundraiser, so we all walked to pick it up and  I sent my mom my cool scar pic. I look so tired here, that’s just my vibe lately. 

The dr’s in Great Falls disagreed on what to do for our baby. first it was there is fluid around his knee and we want to drain it but we’ll wait for Children’s. Then a new one came and after examining him said he was fine, the fluid around his knee was probably normal, and to go home. Then another came and said she didn’t think they should go home and let’s talk to Children’s again. Carter was a little fussy, but he was walking along the furniture and playing. Finally Children’s said to go with what the dr said, so they went home. All the prayers that he starts improving again. I can go to Montana now, but I’m hoping I can make it to Texas first. 

Adi loves momma mia soundtrack and it reminds us of road trips with nanny, so of course we sent her this picture. 

I met with President Boyd over Zoom. He had some good info to share about the temple open house and some other changes for the stake. He’s such a good example to me and I’m so glad I get to work with him. 

Nighttime’s have been hard for awhile now. First with breathing troubles, now with worries. I hope I can get back to loving bedtime again soon, I miss it. 

No comments: